What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: The Brain on February 23, 2020, 12:04:59 PM
Not all modern buildings are thought of as ugly. Some are considered hideous eyesores instead.

Architects build to impress other architects. Imagine if a plumber did that.

For example the local energy company here had a new glossy HQ constructed 20 years ago. Today the verdict is that it would be cheaper to tear it down completely and rebuild than trying to maintain it.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Trump says coronavirus under control in the U.S

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the coronavirus was under control in the United States, and added that he thought the stock market, which tumbled on Monday on worries over the fast-spreading disease, was "starting to look very good to me!"

Damn it was nice knowing you guys.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Maybe all the US needs to kick it's ass in gear with regard to the coronavirus prepardness is the media figuring out a Trump angle implicating him. Total saturation coverage. Should fit right into their business model too.  :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

@realDonaldTrump
Low Ratings Fake News MSDNC (Comcast) & @CNN are doing everything possible to make the Caronavirus look as bad as possible, including panicking markets, if possible. Likewise their incompetent Do Nothing Democrat comrades are all talk, no action. USA in great shape!
@CDCgov

"Caronavirus"  :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

Dow just dropped another 1200 pts today.

Great press conference, Donald. Really set everyone's minds at peace.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Worst drop in the history of the DOW Jones.  I think this week might have been a stock market crash.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

It would be an absurd bit of irony if Trump's campaign was torpedoed by the virus, one thing he had nothing whatsoever to do with, and not his many shitty actions and lies.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on February 27, 2020, 05:26:52 PM
It would be an absurd bit of irony if Trump's campaign was torpedoed by the virus, one thing he had nothing whatsoever to do with, and not his many shitty actions and lies.

I always suspected that what would finally torpedo trump would be a future comment that was actually completely reasonable. This seems to be close enough.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on February 27, 2020, 05:26:52 PM

I dunno - you're not thinking Trumpy enough.

I could see him laying into his nativist, all foreigners are bad rhetoric to blame the rest of the world for the virus, and enough people falling for it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I think, similar to Beeb, that a massive drop in the stock market is more likely to disgruntle Trump supporters than a significant outbreak of covid 19 in the US.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 27, 2020, 05:37:19 PM
I think, similar to Beeb, that a massive drop in the stock market is more likely to disgruntle Trump supporters than a significant outbreak of covid 19 in the US.

I have such a different read of Trump supporters...
Que le grand cric me croque !

Barrister

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 27, 2020, 05:44:18 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 27, 2020, 05:37:19 PM

I have such a different read of Trump supporters...

I tend to agree - a drop in the stock market is just those fat cat "globalists" losing money.  A lot of Trump voters don't exactly have a 401k to fall back on.

Barrister

That being said a general global economic slowdown caused by Covid-19 definitely would bother Trumpists.