What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

They were pissed before because he tried to raise gas taxes to save the planet.  Now they're pissed because he's trying to reform their ridiculous pension system.

Sheilbh

Interesting stat from a recent study - which links to the "left behind" and rust-belt - towns in France that no longer have a grocer, cafe or post office are three times as likely to have seen gilets jaunes protests.

And yeah, France always hates its President is my impression. But he's definitely got enough support to get through the first round.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Hey Shelf, would you cross a picket line to ride the Metro?  :ph34r:

Sheilbh

Nope - of course not.

When we've had strikes affecting Tube or railways I work from home or get the bus :)
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 22, 2020, 05:40:56 PM
Nope - of course not.

When we've had strikes affecting Tube or railways I work from home or get the bus :)

Same but only because I can't stand to deal with how jam packed everything will be. Not because I have any sympathy with the pitiful excuses for strikes that rail/tube unions give.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

QuotePresident Trump on Elon Musk:

"He's also doing the rockets. He likes rockets, and he does good at rockets too, by the way."

"We have to protect our geniuses. We have to protect Thomas Edison & we have to protect all these people that came up with the light bulb and the wheel."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Huh. Nice to see the President admit somebody else is a genius besides himself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

So many stirring quotes to choose from when it comes time to build the Trump Monument.

Valmy

I bet Musk was offended to be compared to Edison instead of Tesla.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

would the wheel have been invented without strong intellectual property protections? no chance.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

I'm not sure it's possible to research code of laws without getting the wheel first.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

I really think the man has deteriorated the past 4 years. I think there is a decent chance he completely malfunctions during the debates, or cancels them entirely.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2020, 04:24:59 PM
Huh. Nice to see the President admit somebody else is a genius besides himself.

It's not the same.  Elon Musk is an unstable genius. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

I don't think Trump is going to any debates.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Berkut on January 26, 2020, 10:55:49 PM
I don't think Trump is going to any debates.
No?  Any particular reason why?  I mean, he barely stayed on topic in 2016, I figure he'll go and just totally forgo staying on topic and just ramble about whatever he wants.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."