What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2019, 09:49:53 AM
Maybe I misunderstand how the Kingdom of Denmark functions but I am pretty sure we are past the age where countries can just sell away their colonial minions to other great powers. Pretty sure some kind of referendum on that kind of sale would have pass in both Denmark and Greenland for that to work. Or maybe just Greenland, again I am not some kind of expert on Denmark's constitution.
I would trust your understanding of international law over Donald Trump's.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Maladict on August 21, 2019, 11:08:51 AM
Denmark should have offered to buy Puerto Rico instead. Trump might actually consider it.
I don't think so, as he doesn't seem to understand that we 'own' Puerto Rico. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

It is demeaning to discuss the Greenland trolling. Stop it.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 21, 2019, 11:48:05 AM
It is demeaning to discuss the Greenland trolling. Stop it.

That is the current problem. I mean traditionally when the President announces a foreign affairs endeavor you discuss it. The fact the President is just bullshitting and fucking with us is hard to adjust to :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I learned that the US ambassador to Denmark starred in "Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Sands
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h

"Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. "President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he's the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God
...But American Jews don't know him or like him. They don't even know what they're doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that's OK, if he keeps doing what he's doing, he's good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he's good for everyone in America who wants a job." Wow! 
@newsmax @foxandfriends @OANN
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2019, 08:30:41 AM
Eddie is a good example of how anti Semitic tropes have gone mainstream.  But Eddie amplified the idiocy and drew upon anti Papist tropes as well.

You really are a self-righteous git, you know that?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 21, 2019, 01:00:58 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2019, 08:30:41 AM
Eddie is a good example of how anti Semitic tropes have gone mainstream.  But Eddie amplified the idiocy and drew upon anti Papist tropes as well.

You really are a self-righteous git, you know that?

Meh, certainly out of step with the received wisdom of some posters here.  I am ok with that.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2019, 12:59:34 PM
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h

"Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. "President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he's the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God
...But American Jews don't know him or like him. They don't even know what they're doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that's OK, if he keeps doing what he's doing, he's good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he's good for everyone in America who wants a job." Wow! 

Er... sigh.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2019, 08:30:41 AMEddie is a good example of how anti Semitic tropes have gone mainstream.  But Eddie amplified the idiocy and drew upon anti Papist tropes as well.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2019, 12:59:34 PM
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h

Okay, I give up.  Yesterday he was apparently angry that American Jews were not loyal to a foreign power (I think that might be a first), and now he think's that Israelis believe he is Jesus.  This has to be some sort of weird prank.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

merithyn

He's throwing up anything he can to distract from the economy, immigrants, and his poll numbers.

At what point does a prominent Republican stand up and call him out publicly on this stuff? I mean, besides The Mooch.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...