What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

1 it was friendly banter, not mockery
2 the point of the gibe was to question his knowledge, not make fun of it
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

The ilegales will never see it coming:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Also, today is the big day here in Central Florida; Trump is announcing his re-election bid at the Amway Center in Orlando tonight.  According to USA Today people have lined up since Sunday to see him.  (There are also three protests planned.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on June 18, 2019, 12:25:31 PM

Begin the process? What about the previous 50 years of deportations?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 18, 2019, 10:32:41 AM

It is not friendly to question his knowledge.

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on June 18, 2019, 12:30:42 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 18, 2019, 12:25:31 PM

Begin the process? What about the previous 50 years of deportations?

From what I got from the Washington Post this is the beginning of a concentrated effort or "A sweep."  Most Federal law enforcement agencies do things like that, but usually they don't start by the administration announcing they're going to be stepping up their efforts.

Valmy

Ah ok. Well doing a discrete and secret concentrated effort to try to maximize practical results would undermine the political result the President is looking for.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Saw a poll today that had Biden and Trump tied in Pennsylvania and within the margin of error in Michigan.  :shutup:

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 18, 2019, 12:31:11 PM

:huh:  Someone is cranky today.  What is "question his knowledge" supposed to mean?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on June 18, 2019, 01:01:59 PM
Ah ok. Well doing a discrete and secret concentrated effort to try to maximize practical results would undermine the political result the President is looking for.

So long as it isn't discreet.  Trump is never discreet.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

I may have heard the dumbest comment yet about Trump today on the ITN News programme.
A reporter goes to NASA in Florida to interview 'space scientists' / NASA workers about trump, a young space scientist said this about Trump:

"There's so many things I disagree with, but I also applaud him for standing his ground and actually doing what he thinks is right"

:blink:

Presumably if she'd been young in 1930s Germany she'd have been saying the same thing in 1933-38? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on June 18, 2019, 04:15:03 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 18, 2019, 12:31:11 PM

:huh:  Someone is cranky today.  What is "question his knowledge" supposed to mean?

Yes, but aren't you always  :P

If you look at his point #2, that is the phrase he used  ;)

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2019, 10:48:46 AM
That doesn't even make a lick of sense.

It make perfect sense.  Tariffs don't harm US consumers because production moves from tariff countries like China into non-tariff third countries like Taiwan or Vietnam so no one has to pay the tariffs.  American farmers lose but they are compensated from the tariff revenue that . . .er  . . . uhm . . . falls like manna from the sky, WITHOUT affecting any American consumers.   American producers benefit because it feels much better to lose business to a Vietnamese competitor then a Chinese one, and because having to pay more to suppliers is good for the soul. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on June 18, 2019, 06:05:54 PM
I may have heard the dumbest comment yet about Trump today on the ITN News programme.
A reporter goes to NASA in Florida to interview 'space scientists' / NASA workers about trump, a young space scientist said this about Trump:

"There's so many things I disagree with, but I also applaud him for standing his ground and actually doing what he thinks is right"

Presumably if she'd been young in 1930s Germany she'd have been saying the same thing in 1933-38?

What makes it even dumber, is that it is dumb if it were true, but it isn't even true - Trump couldn't care less about "what is right".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on June 18, 2019, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 18, 2019, 06:05:54 PM

What makes it even dumber, is that it is dumb if it were true, but it isn't even true - Trump couldn't care less about "what is right".

Indeed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"