What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

That doesn't even make a lick of sense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Same line as Mexico paying for the border wall.  He depends on his supporters not caring that it makes no sense.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2019, 10:55:44 AM
Same line as Mexico paying for the border wall.  He depends on his supporters not caring that it makes no sense.

Not so much as "not caring" as being too stupid to understand basic economics.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 17, 2019, 11:13:15 AM

Certainly for some of them.  But there are a lot of Republicans who know this is BS but support it because it will get them re-elected.  Dante would place them in a particularly painful part of hell.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2019, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 17, 2019, 11:13:15 AM

Certainly for some of them.  But there are a lot of Republicans who know this is BS but support it because it will get them re-elected.  Dante would place them in a particularly painful part of hell.

May I recommend ...

QuoteBolgia 9 – Sowers of Discord: In the Ninth Bolgia, the Sowers of Discord are hacked and mutilated for all eternity by a large demon wielding a bloody sword; their bodies are divided as, in life, their sin was to tear apart what God had intended to be united; these are the sinners who are "ready to rip up the whole fabric of society to gratify a sectional egotism". The souls must drag their ruined bodies around the ditch, their wounds healing in the course of the circuit, only to have the demon tear them apart anew.

Emphasis added.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 17, 2019, 09:19:33 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2019, 07:44:27 PM
Damn, Malthus beat me to it.

Do you always have Dante quotes handy?

Not normally, but these are trying times.  Pape satan papae satan aleppe!

DGuller

You know Raz, he probably got them all in a book somewhere.  :ph34r:

crazy canuck

Languish has a history of being populated by intellectual people.  Now we get comments mocking a person's knowledge of literature.  Truly the age of Trump.

Eddie Teach

CC wildly jumping to conclusions is a hallmark of every forum era though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 18, 2019, 09:31:32 AM
CC wildly jumping to conclusions is a hallmark of every forum era though.

What conclusion should I have drawn from your comment?