:huh: They do at all the clubs I go to.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2019, 03:43:53 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 06, 2019, 06:26:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2019, 05:45:55 PM
Quote from: Maximus on June 06, 2019, 05:37:10 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 05, 2019, 03:09:30 PM
Many restaurants are in cities. You don't go into the city wearing shorts unless you're a child or an American.
What if you live in the city?

You sign a pact upon moving there to only wear certain clothing items.
:huh: This is the first time I've heard of this.

Is it supposed to be surprising that sartorial concerns are not a focus for you?

I was also being sarcastic.

He was just pointing out that Russians aren't European.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I'm wearing shorts today. Been to the doctor's and went shopping. We're also allowed to wear shorts to the office if it's hot outside.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on June 07, 2019, 04:34:53 AM
I'm wearing shorts today. Been to the doctor's and went shopping. We're also allowed to wear shorts to the office if it's hot outside.

I haven't worn Lederhosen since I was a child.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on June 07, 2019, 03:59:12 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 07, 2019, 03:49:07 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2019, 09:10:49 AM
I don't get what's so bad about shorts? :unsure:

Jean shorts are the worst, though.

Do people still wear jean shorts?

:huh: They do at all the clubs I go to.

I see, pretending to be a child?

Zoupa

The Larch

It had been a while since we had a bonkers tweet.

QuoteDonald J. Trump✔
@realDonaldTrump

For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

I think it's plausible that he misspoke there, and was talking about projects rather than astronomy.

Habbaku

It's really poorly written rather than a completely bonkers claim.

His bonkers tweet today was claiming he had stitched up a deal with Mexico. I'll believe that when a signed agreement is out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

I wish they mocked and criticised him for proper things, god knows he makes enough of those, and not a badly constructed sentence.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2019, 07:47:00 AM
I wish they mocked and criticised him for proper things, god knows he makes enough of those, and not a badly constructed sentence.

What an original thought.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.