What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on February 20, 2019, 05:21:15 PM
Yeah, I'm saying I didn't foresee any of this happening.  Figured it'd be just another empty campaign promise.  But Trump is a different sort of politician. :sleep:

In the 50 years prior to Trump, presidents kept on average 67 percent of their promises.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/trust-us-politicians-keep-most-of-their-promises/amp/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on February 20, 2019, 07:18:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2019, 03:23:56 PM
I find it really annoying when politicians start thinking they and the people are synonymous.
L'État c'est moi.
Better?
;)

Yeah. Louis was surprisingly restrained there :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1098343075280310273 (video)

QuoteREPORTER: Mr President, on your push to decriminalize homosexuality, are you doing that? And why?

TRUMP: Say it?

REPORTER: Your push to decriminalize homosexuality across the world.

TRUMP: I don't know which report you're talking about. We have many reports. Anybody else?

:huh: :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Reporters letting him get away with it, film at 11.

Caliga

Quote from: Maladict on February 21, 2019, 11:24:19 AM
Reporters letting him get away with it, film at 11.
Well how can you not if he's impossible to communicate with?

REPORTER: How do you respond to Putin's blah blah blah...

TRUMP: Baked potato.

REPORTER: ....
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

HOLD THE DATE! We will be having one of the biggest gatherings in the history of Washington, D.C., on July 4th. It will be called "A Salute To America" and will be held at the Lincoln Memorial. Major fireworks display, entertainment and an address by your favorite President, me!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

An insightful article that seeks to explain how a Republican like Graham adapts to a President like Trump.

The question I wish had been better explored though is Graham's ethical and policy boundaries he will not cross (if any) as he pursues his Realpolitik approach.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/25/magazine/lindsey-graham-what-happened-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2019, 11:39:10 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

HOLD THE DATE! We will be having one of the biggest gatherings in the history of Washington, D.C., on July 4th. It will be called "A Salute To America" and will be held at the Lincoln Memorial. Major fireworks display, entertainment and an address by your favorite President, me!

Carnival barker gonna carnival bark.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sophie Scholl

Isn't that the default for the 4th of July...? :huh:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tamas

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 25, 2019, 01:19:19 PM

That an unremarkable 4th of July celebration becomes the biggest gathering in the history of Washington, D.C.?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

It'll be a July 4th to end all Independence Days! :w00t:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2019, 01:24:08 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 25, 2019, 01:19:19 PM

That an unremarkable 4th of July celebration becomes the biggest gathering in the history of Washington, D.C.?
Except he didn't say that.  He said "one of the biggest".  He isn't even confident enough to pull his usual level of biggest and best bullshit.  The rest of the tweet is all typical 4th of July style things.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."