What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: grumbler on August 15, 2018, 04:37:50 PM
I think Bill Clinton was the first Democratic presidential candidate I voted for.  He had ideas, and a track record.  Plus, he was affable and wasn't an ideologue.  When necessary, he compromised to get things done.  I very much doubt we will ever see the prosperity we saw in his two terms.  Some of you may remember when completely paying off the US national debt was within sight.

Hillary never seemed the compromising type.

I think that's fair, at least as far as general perceptions are concerned.

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2018, 04:37:41 PM
The Georges seemed like happy funtime people?

Compared to Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry?  Well, yeah.

Eddie Teach

And when you're a race obsessed hammer, the nails are all racists.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Trying to tarnish all "libertarians" because of an editorial someone connected with Ron Paul wrote 40 years ago is the kind of thing I meant, thanks Raz.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2018, 09:04:32 PM
Trying to tarnish all "libertarians" because of an editorial someone connected with Ron Paul wrote 40 years ago is the kind of thing I meant, thanks Raz.

:lol:

Trying to out-Raz Raz there?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2018, 09:04:32 PM

What editorial did they connect to Ron Paul from the 1970's?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Trump canceled the military parade due to cost.  Poor fella-- maybe next year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 17, 2018, 08:56:26 AM
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1029832098603888641?s=21

Denmark offers a rebuke to Fox

Okay, that was good and funny - refuting bullshit with facts.

Sadly, Fox listeners aren't interested in such things as facts.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on August 17, 2018, 10:08:46 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 17, 2018, 08:56:26 AM
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1029832098603888641?s=21

Denmark offers a rebuke to Fox

Okay, that was good and funny - refuting bullshit with facts.

Sadly, Fox listeners aren't interested in such things as facts.

Twitter can be great when all you follow is historians  :D

celedhring

Nate Silver jinxing it  :(

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

Forecasting the race for the House
Updated Aug. 17, 2018, at 2:20 PM
3 in 4
Chance Democrats win control (75.2%)

1 in 4
Chance Republicans keep control (24.8%)

Razgovory

Goddamn it, we had similar numbers in 2016.

derspiess

You guys are jinxing the jinx.  Stop it!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall