What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 16, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
...says the man who pulled out of the Iran Deal.

You weren't listening.  That was a deal done by the US.  The US!  One of the worst countries in the world until Trump came to power.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: frunk on July 16, 2018, 05:32:35 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 16, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
...says the man who pulled out of the Iran Deal.

You weren't listening.  That was a deal done by the US.  The US!  One of the worst countries in the world until Trump came to power.
:lol:  True.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Imagine a sitting senator saying something like this about a previous president...boggles the mind the situation we're in.

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/1018869013231882241

Quote.@BuzzFeedBen: "Do you think Vladimir Putin has anything on him?"

@SenJeffMerkley: "I think it's likely."

Smith: "Your view is that the pee tape is real?"

Merkley: "Something close to that. Something close to that."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Of course you do
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1018886968187465729
Asked if he has compromising material on Trump, Putin laughs. "I did hear these rumours that we allegedly collected compromising material on Mr. Trump when he visited Moscow...I didn't even know that he was in Moscow...he was a private individual, nobody informed me."

Putin: Do you really think that we tried collect compromising material on every big American businessman who visited Moscow?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Oexmelin

Quote from: Liep on July 16, 2018, 05:06:19 PM
I see he's going the peace route following his press conference mistake.

From the orange man's twitter:
"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. #HELSINKI2018"

It's pretty clear he's given access to his account to somebody else in the last few days.
Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2018, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 16, 2018, 02:03:12 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2018, 01:56:49 PM
Limbaugh was falling over himself to make excuses for Trump.  Said he was just being polite.

Huh. I haven't thought about him for years.

You're welcome :D

QuoteIs he a big Trump guy?

Yuge.  Even though he acknowledges that Trump isn't much of an ideological conservative, Rush will always put the best spin possible on anything Trump says or does.  Or he'll conveniently ignore or gloss over it.  He's not quite the Trumpista that Hannity is, but he's in the ballpark.

He's a putz
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2018, 12:55:39 PM
At least some people at Fox are criticizing him

That is surprising.  Trump didn't surprise me, but Fox News engaging in some push-back gives me at least a little hope.  Sean Hannity was apprently attacking his fellow conservatives for failing to follow Trump into this land mine.

I really wished they had picked Jeb or Rubio. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 16, 2018, 07:41:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2018, 12:55:39 PM
At least some people at Fox are criticizing him

That is surprising.  Trump didn't surprise me, but Fox News engaging in some push-back gives me at least a little hope.  Sean Hannity was apprently attacking his fellow conservatives for failing to follow Trump into this land mine.

Missed it. Ill have to checkout what Shep has to say.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

OK Trump has really thrown down the gauntlet now; our conservative politicians have to seriously up the fratricidal conflict to top that Helsinki display, but I think they've got it in them  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

frunk

Quote from: Razgovory on July 16, 2018, 07:41:49 PM

It's a little hope, but I think there needs to be a wide scale Republican revolt away from the tepid response to truly despicable behavior by a president.  The only ones that are speaking out with any volume aren't staying in office.  With the Maria Butina revelations I'm afraid that Trump might be the buffoonish cherry on a Russian tainted Republican leadership sundae.

crazy canuck

Tuned into Fox for a couple of minutes, they were going on about how much Trump loves the USA

Syt

Well, one person liked the summit:

This made me chuckle:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Maladict

Quote from: Solmyr on July 17, 2018, 03:12:50 AM
https://politics.theonion.com/gop-leaders-move-goalposts-on-opposing-trump-to-him-bei-1827640709

When The Onion has to be extra batshit crazy in order to make some impact.

I don't think that's worse than actually siding with a hostile power against your own government. :mellow: