What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on July 16, 2018, 10:34:13 AM
Well, this summit in Helsinki was totally useless, based on the joint press conference. Those fuckers just came here, messed up the city and spent our money. :mad:

Hey, hey. I think learning that both countries are to blame for the whole election meddling business was worth it.

Also Putin didn't actually denied he has something on Trump, he just said he didn't know he was in Moscow at the time.

The whole thing feels like Putin dominated it.

So many of these supposed tough guys like Trump go down to little doggy mode whenever they face another bully. Like how Pierce Morgan does with Trump. It's disgusting.

The Minsky Moment

Assume hypothetically that Donald Trump is an active, willing agent of Russian government.  "The Americans"-style. Call this hypothetical Trump Agent Trumpski.

In what way, if any, does the actual behavior of Donald Trump differ from what Agent Trumpski would do?

The only thing I can think of is that Agent Trumpski would be more circumspect.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

frunk

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 16, 2018, 12:22:29 PM
Assume hypothetically that Donald Trump is an active, willing agent of Russian government.  "The Americans"-style. Call this hypothetical Trump Agent Trumpski.

In what way, if any, does the actual behavior of Donald Trump differ from what Agent Trumpski would do?

That fooled me early on too.  "If he was actually an agent how could he be so stupid as to be this obvious?"  I realized that Trump is that stupid, and I assume that these meetings are mostly Putin going "you have to tone it down a bit."

Razgovory

I have wondered that as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

This maybe worth a listen:

War College

Your Handy-Dandy Guide to the Russian Mafia
16 July 2018 17:24

From blue-tattooed psychopaths to "businessmen" with a twist, Russia's vory developed a code all their own - if you can call it that. Mark Galeotti takes us through the history of Russia's mafia and how that history helped to shape Vladimir Putin's state. For a more detailed look, check out his book "The Vory: Russia's Super Mafia."

https://www.acast.com/warcollege/yourhandy-dandyguidetotherussianmafia

Direct download mp3:
https://media.acast.com/warcollege/yourhandy-dandyguidetotherussianmafia/media.mp3
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

At least some people at Fox are criticizing him
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Even Drudge Report has a critical headline  :lol:

In all seriousness though, the man needs to be impeached. Sweet Jesus, to see a Republican president blame America first is astonishing.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Limbaugh was falling over himself to make excuses for Trump.  Said he was just being polite.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2018, 01:56:49 PM
Limbaugh was falling over himself to make excuses for Trump.  Said he was just being polite.

Huh. I haven't thought about him for years. Is he a big Trump guy?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 16, 2018, 02:03:12 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

Huh. I haven't thought about him for years.

You're welcome :D

QuoteIs he a big Trump guy?

Yuge.  Even though he acknowledges that Trump isn't much of an ideological conservative, Rush will always put the best spin possible on anything Trump says or does.  Or he'll conveniently ignore or gloss over it.  He's not quite the Trumpista that Hannity is, but he's in the ballpark.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Regardless of what Rush might most want in his black little conservative heart he has to get ratings.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Well it should be fun for you guys in the US during the next couple of days, seeing the supposedly super-patriotic and hawkish Republicans make excuses for why it is a good idea to become a Russian lapdog.

Stupid poor Soviets. If they only knew it was this easy.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on July 16, 2018, 02:21:07 PM
Stupid poor Soviets. If they only knew it was this easy.

Oh they knew. The Soviets did this same junk and had plenty of Americans with hardons for them. But being left wing populist in their propaganda they were not going to get as far.

Well...and they also lacked the internet.

Liep

I see he's going the peace route following his press conference mistake.

From the orange man's twitter:
"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. #HELSINKI2018"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sophie Scholl

...says the man who pulled out of the Iran Deal.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."