What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/donald-trump-giant-angry-baby-london-orange-sadiq-khan-a8434981.html

QuoteTrump supporters enraged by 'angry baby' balloon to fly over London during president's UK trip

Protest called 'cringeworthy' and 'juvenile', while counter-campaign to fly a similar Sadiq Khan blimp has now reached its funding target

Plans to fly a giant balloon depicting Donald Trump as an angry orange baby over London when the US president visits next Friday have enraged his supporters.

London's City Hall, run by mayor Sadiq Khan, has granted permission for the six-metre inflatable – complete with nappy and man boobs – to go up for two hours at Parliament Square Gardens. Campaigners raised £18,000 online to fund the blimp.

But political allies and acolytes of Mr Trump have slammed the stunt. Republicans Overseas spokesman Drew Liquerman called it "cringeworthy".

He said: "It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing for the people flying it, for the British residents of London and for people in the UK."

Nigel Farage, the former Ukip leader, said: "This is the biggest insult to a sitting US president ever. Would this be happening if it was Obama? Makes London look ridiculous."

And the plans drew much ire on social media too. "It's juvenile, disrespectful and offensive," wrote one Twitter user, Andrew Lindsay, a corporate lawyer. "There are ways to demonstrate. This is not one of them. Grow up Mayor!"

Another, train driver Stuart Miller said: "Nothing from Sadiq Khan when the Saudi Prince visited in March this year. Chemical attacks in Yemen, appalling human rights and killing homosexuals. It's fashionable to hate Trump and will probably get him another run at Mayor."

A counterprotest which aims to fly a "Sadiq Khan baby balloon" has also been set up – and, on Friday, met its required funding target. It remains to be seen if City Hall grants permission for that to also go up.

Anti-Trump campaigners say their inflatable baby is a form of peaceful protest. They say the blimp reflects Mr Trump's character as an "angry baby with a fragile ego and small hands".

Organiser Nona Hurkmans said: "We are just a small group of friends who set out to use humour to take a stand against the rise of racist and fascist politics both here in the UK and over in the US."

Leo Murray, who is also behind the project, said that the prisident "really seems to hate it when people make fun of him. We want to make sure he knows that all of Britain is looking down on him and laughing at him."

The US president is expected to arrive in the capital on Thursday evening and, on Friday, will likely visit Blenheim Palace, meet the Queen at Windsor and hold talks with prime minister Theresa May at Chequers before travelling to his golf courses in Scotland.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

That park where it is currently waiting is near my home. Haven't visited though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Oexmelin

Executive order excepting administrative law judges from the competitive service.

They are now appointed by heads of agencies.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-excepting-administrative-law-judges-competitive-service/
Que le grand cric me croque !

jimmy olsen

Throwing cocaine fueled parties with underage girls, totally normal for the once and future US president

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bc6cm8
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 10, 2018, 06:22:05 PM
Throwing cocaine fueled parties with underage girls, totally normal for the once and future US president

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bc6cm8

Won't even make a ripple with his base and evangelicals.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

He named Right Wing Clark Kent to the Supreme Court, so his crass debauchery and enthusiasm for mass kidnapping is AOK with Jesus.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

You all are being so critical like you don't think policies trump character too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

I'm not an evangelical Christian . . .

And I don't think policy always trumps character.  I'd take Pence over Trump in a heartbeat, even though policy wise he would probably be worse.  Or policywise the same, but more effective, and thus overall worse in effect.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

The man has a preverse talent for cramming so many wrong concepts in a few short lines:

QuoteMany countries in NATO, which we are expected to defend, are not only short of their current commitment of 2% (which is low), but are also delinquent for many years in payments that have not been made. Will they reimburse the U.S.?

QuoteThe European Union makes it impossible for our farmers and workers and companies to do business in Europe (U.S. has a $151 Billion trade deficit), and then they want us to happily defend them through NATO, and nicely pay for it. Just doesn't work!
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

I guess we should up our military expenses a bit, buy some gaudy uniforms and hold a parade for him. That might make him distracted by the beautiful colours for long enough to not destroy NATO.

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on July 11, 2018, 12:00:40 AM
I guess we should up our military expenses a bit, buy some gaudy uniforms and hold a parade for him. That might make him distracted by the beautiful colours for long enough to not destroy NATO.

Also buy him some garish souvenir. With lots of shinies.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2018, 02:51:45 AM
Quote from: Zanza on July 11, 2018, 12:00:40 AM

Also buy him some garish souvenir. With lots of shinies.

Maybe something Waffen-SS related. He seems like the kind of guy who would love it for the edgy coolness.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.