What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2018, 08:28:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zVCtFMCRvk

Pretty good break down on "Spygate."

Coach Belichick didn't do anything that other coaches weren't doing at the time!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2018, 05:58:01 PM
One of The Onion's best.

"Wtf?

Oh, it's the Onion.

Wait, aren't those usually grounded in reality?

*checks Twitter*

Wtf?"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

You people are so callous about those young, beautiful, ruined lives.  :cry:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 28, 2018, 06:57:03 AM
You people are so callous about those young, beautiful, ruined lives.  :cry:

(and others)

The Larch

I've read reports of Giuliani basically admitting in an interview that the whole "spygate" brouhaha is PR from Trump's team in order to avoid an indictment from Muller.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2018, 07:32:06 AM

I've read reports of Giuliani basically admitting in an interview that the whole "spygate" brouhaha is PR from Trump's team in order to avoid an indictment from Muller.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/27/rudy-giuliani-spygate-robert-mueller-donald-trump
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

A new Balkan conflict brewing as Serbs view Trump as someone who will let them violate the Dayton peace accord.  It is interesting to note the Serb leader in Bosnia believes he has a limited window of opportunity to act during the Trump presidency.  Also of note is the knock on effects of Bexit to destabilize the region.  A lengthy article but well worth a read.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-in-bosnia-serb-nationalists-see-putin-and-trump-as-their-tickets-to/

The Larch

Don't know if Melania has any pull with Donald regarding policies, but I'm sure that she'd have a word on two about what happens when you let some Serbs run rampant.  :P

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2018, 11:00:14 AM
Don't know if Melania has any pull with Donald regarding policies, but I'm sure that she'd have a word on two about what happens when you let some Serbs run rampant.  :P

She's a slovene, whose people managed to escape Yugoslavia virtually unscathed by war.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on May 28, 2018, 11:14:39 AM

She's a slovene, whose people managed to escape Yugoslavia virtually unscathed by war.

So? It's not as if they were ignorant of everything that was going on.

crazy canuck

I am not sure one had to be on the front line of the war to understand how terrible it was.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 28, 2018, 01:26:56 PM

I am not sure one had to be on the front line of the war to understand how terrible it was.

True, but then I don't understand why Melania would have anything particular to say about 'Serbs running rampant'.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.