What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2018, 09:14:00 PM
Women call me 'dear' and 'honey' at work all the time. And they certainly call each other that. I was not aware I was being victimized and 'deared'.

Of course being one of the barbarous subhuman savages who is to be feared and loathed I would never do such a thing. I know my place.

Truth.  If I spoke to women like they spoke to me, I would be unemployed and unemployable.  Like you, though, I know my place.  I once suggested that my school start a "boy up" club as a mirror to the "girl up" club we had, and will never repeat that mistake.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

What's the worst is describing a very minor incident as partof a terrible trend.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

People who say things are the worst are literally the worst.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

If you respect someone you call them out if they do crazy stuff (like file a formal complaint about a joke that might have caused someone mild discomfort). The smile and nod response is used for children and people that you do not respect. I don't think that a person being a woman or a foreigner should make me not respect the person.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2018, 07:32:39 PM

Like I said, this is a recipe for just shutting down conversation. A common theme these days in the alt-left.

So, Berkut now believes there is an "alt-left".  That's very telling.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Camerus

Tamas

Something has just occurred to me: Trump will end up signing a far worse deal with North Korea than the Iran one ever was, and he'll be re-elected for it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2018, 08:34:25 AM
Quote from: merithyn on May 11, 2018, 05:08:29 PM
If she'd already spent time being "deared" to hell and back,

:unsure:

It's what we women call when we're talked down to, ignored in meetings, and otherwise treated as accessories rather than actual equal employees.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: merithyn on May 14, 2018, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2018, 08:34:25 AM
Quote from: merithyn on May 11, 2018, 05:08:29 PM
If she'd already spent time being "deared" to hell and back,

:unsure:

It's what we women call when we're talked down to, ignored in meetings, and otherwise treated as accessories rather than actual equal employees.

In my experience, employees are routinely talked down to and ignored in meetings.  Don't see anything discrimination there.

Jacob

Quote from: dps on May 14, 2018, 05:01:14 PMIn my experience, employees are routinely talked down to and ignored in meetings.  Don't see anything discrimination there.

You're assuming Meri is talking about the boss doing it.