What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Habbaku on November 23, 2017, 02:55:49 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on November 23, 2017, 01:51:47 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 23, 2017, 01:37:59 AM
Yes, fruity western groups often dabble with the occult.

For a moment there I thought they all played RPGs.

You really should look up the bizarre titles they come up with. Some are actually known as Dragons, others as Hydras, and still more as Goblins.

I still remember that when I read about the Klan as a kid, I was horrified.  I thought this would be one of those things that would naturally disappear when I grow up.  It turned out a bit differently  :ph34r:

Oexmelin

It's because,you keep hoping that things go away on their own, without actual humans getting involved in defending things they hold dear.
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Brain

I remember reading about the PRC as a kid.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 22, 2017, 11:39:23 PM
Hilarious. 

Seedy, should you need more validation, check out https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-nationalists-delusion/546356/

I have all the validation I need, unfortunately.  But it's not my problem Languish has been ignoring me telling them what the fuck time it is for years. 
"Oh, there's goes Seedy again, with the racism thingy, it's always race, race, race."  OK, assholes. 

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, his behaviour is worse than most of us here feared?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Nah. It's been pretty much exactly what we feared/expected.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

That was definitely expected if you weren't searching for rationalizations, but I think even his harshest critics thought that there was a chance that he would switch gears when in office.  Obviously that is not going to happen.

Maladict

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 23, 2017, 09:42:30 PM
Nah. It's been pretty much exactly what we feared/expected.

Yeah. If it was worse some of us would be dead by now.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

We are fortunate that he's fairly incompetent.  He's unable to do most of the stupid things he wants to do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Gups

Checks and balances have proved their worth. Plus, yes he is lazy and incompetent. Nevertheless I think I hate him even more now than I did a year ago.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on November 23, 2017, 09:22:04 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, his behaviour is worse than most of us here feared?

No- so far, he's been infinitely better than I feared. There's been no nuclear war ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Gups on November 24, 2017, 09:06:37 AM
Checks and balances have proved their worth. Plus, yes he is lazy and incompetent. Nevertheless I think I hate him even more now than I did a year ago.

Is there any one of the traditional seven deadly sins he doesn't epitomize?  :lol:

Okay, maybe gluttony is a stretch.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on November 24, 2017, 09:33:32 AM
Is there any one of the traditional seven deadly sins he doesn't epitomize?  :lol:

Okay, maybe gluttony is a stretch.

Ketchup on steak = gluttony.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!