Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:( :( :(

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1120184212731117569

QuoteThe New York Times

What we know so far about the Sri Lanka bombings:

— 24 people are in police custody
— Nearly 300 people were killed and more than 500 wounded
— A nationwide curfew was lifted on Monday, but major social media and messaging services remained blocked
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Sri Lankan governement blames a local islamist group, National Thowheeth Jama'ath (NTJ).

KRonn

Very sad, my condolences to the families. Another act in a long line of killings of Christians by Islamic terrorists throughout the region, especially parts of the Mid East.  :( :(

grumbler

To be fair, it's another act in a long line of killings (more Muslims than non-Muslims) by Islamic terrorists throughout the region. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Have we got some sort of confirmation on who did this?  Anyone claim credit?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2019, 10:46:14 PM
Confirmation, sort of.  Credit, no.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2019, 10:46:14 PM

ISIS claimed it, but the government blamed local groups. Maybe the former assisted the later.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/23/world/asia/sri-lanka-bombing.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

ISIS takes credit for any terrorism act by a muslim.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

dps

Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2019, 10:40:25 AM

At this point, ISIS is desperate enough to remain relevant that if you hit your thumb with a hammer while trying to drive a nail, and they hear about it, they'll take credit for it.

Tonitrus

Quote from: dps on April 23, 2019, 12:26:41 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2019, 10:40:25 AM

At this point, ISIS is desperate enough to remain relevant that if you hit your thumb with a hammer while trying to drive a nail, and they hear about it, they'll take credit for it.

Well of course, that hammer's blow was in line with the will of Allah and all that.

viper37

The Church of Notre-Dame burnt by Allah's will, because France banned the veil.

mongers

The death toll rose again to 359 on Wednesday, with more than 500 people wounded.

The news gets grimmer by the day and there are still some categorised as missing, I'm guessing in part due to the horrific design of the suicide bombs.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Not 'good news' but less people have died than feared and for a grim reason:

Krishnan Guru-Murthy
@krishgm    5h
BREAKING news but grim reason for it. Sri Lanka Director General of Health Services tells Channel 4 News the death toll is actually 252 (and may rise a little above that) but previous estimates of 359 were inaccurate because of body parts being wrongly counted

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2019, 09:41:48 PM
The Church of Notre-Dame burnt by Allah's will, because France banned the veil.

What the fuck is your problem?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps