And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: dps on February 13, 2017, 10:23:15 PM
They weren't hateful enough for him.

He wanted to see how The War of Yankee Aggression turned out before he pulled the trigger.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Over the last couple of months there have been a number of DDOS attacks on servers in Austria. The airport in Schwechat, the National Bank, the Foreign Ministry, the Defense Ministry, and Parliament were the targets.

The military intelligence services have now IDed the suspected perp, a nationalist Turk in the U.S. who apparently attacked various targets he considered "anti-Turkish" in Austria, Iraq, Israel, and other countries. The Austrians informed the Americans. The websites and profiles of the suspect ("Arslan L." aka "Osman T." aka "General Osman") have disappeared bit by bit, and his last known domicile is for sale. Apparently there were images of him in Turkish paratrooper uniform on Turkish military training grounds, and he and his comrades called each other "soldiers" - so the question remains whether this was state sponsored, or an "independent."

Origin of the attacks?

:ph34r:

German article: https://kurier.at/politik/inland/cyber-terrorist-nach-angriffen-auf-oesterreich-enttarnt/248.912.062
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Archy

According to what I heard on the radio shots fired at English parliament and one police officer got  wounded.

Josquius

Apparently a car hit a bunch of people first :(

The question is kipper or islamofascist
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-39355505

BBC saying multiple people down with injuries. Only dead is the perpetrator.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on March 22, 2017, 10:49:48 AM

First tweet on that link kinda cracked me up.  Perfect PC response.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Archy

I suspect a last attempt by activist remainers to prevent Brexit. It's time for Erdogan style cleansing of the Civil service  ;)

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on March 22, 2017, 10:49:48 AM

Not the case anymore, unfortunately.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

I have mixed feelings about the nature of the attack.

On the one hand anyone can get their hands on a car and a knife and launch such an attack, so low barriers to entry. It is also very difficult to defend against such a nihilistic attack (those poor people on Westminster bridge).

But on the other hand, because it is so easy to perform such an attack, the lack of such attacks indicate that the support for such Islamist nihilism in the UK is pretty low.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

Faked Tube sign.

And actual signs today:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.