Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on December 12, 2018, 03:47:48 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 12, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2018, 10:00:00 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 11, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
My money was on Québécois leftists.
they're all in Paris.

Strasbourg is 1h50 away by TGV.  :tinfoil:
A true leftist would walk, to minimize his carbon footprint.  As I said, too far away for Québécois leftwing extremists ;)

would walk = en marche = Macron's movement, so no.  :P

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

They got him stone cold, no one else killed or injured.  :frog:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Two female students, one from Denmark the other from Norway, were killed while hiking in Morocco. They're now investigating it as terrorism as they have apparently been decapitated and there's supposed to be a film of it online.

:(

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 19, 2018, 04:44:11 PM
Two female students, one from Denmark the other from Norway, were killed while hiking in Morocco. They're now investigating it as terrorism as they have apparently been decapitated and there's supposed to be a film of it online.

:(

The King of Morocco does not like attacks damaging tourism so rest assured, there will be consequences.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Curious how little the media is reporting that one where if a brown person so much as farts in a crowded train its big news.
Caught a few minutes of sky news earlier where it was all about some knifings over new years in London. An every day event one would think. But apparently no. Terrorists.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Farting means something different than a knife attack in the US.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

jimmy olsen

Awful

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/16/kenyan-president-says-nairobi-attack-over-all-militants-killed-al-shabaab

QuoteKenya's president has vowed to relentlessly pursue anyone involved in the Nairobi hotel complex attack, as new details of the 16-hour siege emerged and investigators tried to trace 50 people who are still missing.

Twenty-one people have so far been confirmed dead, including 11 Kenyans, a Briton and an American, as well as five attackers. The figure is expected to rise.

In a televised address on Wednesday, Kenya's president, Uhuru Kenyatta, said: "We will seek out every person who was involved in the funding, planning and execution of this heinous act. We will pursue them relentlessly wherever they will be until they are held accountable."

The assault on the complex, which includes the luxury dusitD2 hotel, restaurants, a spa and the offices of several international companies, was the most high-profile by terrorists in Kenya since 67 people were killed in the Westgate mall attack in Nairobi in 2013.

Al-Shabaab, the Somalia-based militant Islamist organisation  responsible for the attack five years ago, said it also carried out the assault on Tuesday.

The head of Kenya's police service, Joseph Boinnet, said five gunmen took part in the assault, including a suicide bomber who died in the first few minutes when he detonated his device in the hotel's foyer. Boinnet said security forces killed two of the gunmen on Tuesday night and that the two others died on Wednesday morning.

A heavily armed member of the British SAS who was reportedly on a training mission with Kenyan special forces was pictured helping to evacuate people during the attack.

Western and international security officials have told the Guardian they warned Kenyan counterparts over Christmas and New Year about the possibility of high-profile attacks by al-Shabaab, which is an affiliate of al-Qaida.

Survivors of the attack described chaos, fear and a long wait for help. Patrick Viera Nganga, 38, spent more than 12 hours hiding under a table before being rescued on Wednesday morning.

"I had just had lunch with friends and went to the bathroom when the explosion occurred at the entrance. Just two minutes later shooting started. I ran to the lobby and hid under a big table ... Two of the attackers entered and shot two persons there. One was firing continuously every direction. His phone rang and he answered, saying something I didn't understand," Nganga said. "I did not move. I played dead and was prepared to die. I stopped thinking about life. Night fell and I started praying. About 4am this morning, I heard police voices calling survivors to come out."

Robert Kamau, 41, was waiting for a job interview with a local company. He said: "The first I heard was a big boom ... Ten minutes later an employee at the hotel came running and told us it was a terrorist attack. Everybody ran for shelter. I saw a hotel guard who was trying to help an injured woman and we all ran to the emergency exit, but when I looked along the corridor, there was one attacker, a young, light-skinned guy with an AK47 rifle. He spotted us and began shooting."

Kamau, who was led out of the complex by police on Wednesday morning, added: "I thank God for being alive today. I thank those who rescued me as well."

A woman rescued from the hair salon she managed also survived the Westgate attack. "I was working when the attackers stormed in. It was not easy, just like today. All I can say is that I thank God," Tracy Wanjiru told Nairobi News.

Relatives of the dead and missing gathered at the nearby Chiromo mortuary.

The family of a missing 35-year-old man collapsed upon hearing that a body had arrived with his identification papers. "He is gone, he is gone," the father repeated into his phone as his mother wrapped a shawl around herself and wept.

Another family arrived, demanding to know whether their relative was there, but were told that only police had access. As they argued, an older couple arrived in silence, bringing a freshly pressed suit to dress their dead son.

Sylvia, 30, was searching for her boyfriend, who had recently arrived from Australia and booked into the dusitD2 hotel. She had identified his clothes at the mortuary, but was not allowed to view his body. "We spoke on the phone just before the attack and as we were still on the line, the explosion occurred, followed by gunfire. I have been looking for him since then," she said.

Sitting nearby were relatives and friends of Abdalla Dahir and Feisal Ahmed, two development professionals working on aid projects in Somalia who were having lunch together at a restaurant in the grounds of the hotel when the attack began.

Mohamed Abdillatif, a friend and colleague of Ahmed, described the pair as inseparable. "He [Ahmed] was an outgoing, funny guy, charismatic. He was loved by everybody."

Mohamud Yasin, a relative, said he did not know why people claiming to be Muslims were killing other Muslims. "This is nothing to do with Islam. It is terrorism, and terror has no religion. Terrorism does not have race, nor do they have belief. Islam is peace and a Muslim is he who saves others," he said.

Kenyatta sought to reassure Kenyans and foreign visitors that the country was safe. Tourism is a big industry in the country and many western businesses are based there.

Security has been considerably improved since the Westgate attack. But experts said al-Shabaab is adept at carrying out attacks after long periods when its commanders feel security services have become complacent.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/islamic-state-claims-responsibility-deadly-russian-apartment-blast-reports-64189

The blast that destroyed an apartment block in Magnitagorsk was the work of ISIS and not a gas leak. According to Isis at least.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2019, 04:30:30 AM
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/islamic-state-claims-responsibility-deadly-russian-apartment-blast-reports-64189

The blast that destroyed an apartment block in Magnitagorsk was the work of ISIS and not a gas leak. According to Isis at least.

Isis -if it still exists- would claim a car crash if they thought they could get away with it.