And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Solmyr on April 24, 2018, 03:38:49 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2018, 08:40:36 PM
Drivers name was Alek Minassian. Not sure what ethnicity the name is, but he looks slavic to me

Forgot the link. And he was a incel dude. So not terrorism, misogyny.

Surname is Armenian. And why couldn't misogyny lead to terrorism?

sorry, meant terrorism in the more mainstream sense of Muslim extremism
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on April 24, 2018, 07:52:36 AM
Looks like our cop on the scene did a good job arresting this nutbar:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/non-violent-arrest-of-van-attack-suspect-praised-1.4632583

Yeah, you can here it in the video

"kill me"
"no"
"i have a gun"
"I don't care"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2018, 08:07:29 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 24, 2018, 07:52:36 AM
Looks like our cop on the scene did a good job arresting this nutbar:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/non-violent-arrest-of-van-attack-suspect-praised-1.4632583

Yeah, you can here it in the video

"kill me"
"no"
"i have a gun"
"I don't care"

That cop was very courageous, not to simply gun him down.

Then the cop puts away his gun and pulls out his baton, and the nut realizes that, instead of a glorious suicide by cop, he's gonna get a painful and humiliating beating - and so surrenders.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

Josephus

Yeah kudos to the cop. If this was in America, the dude would be riddled with bullets by now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

American Law Enforcement: Keeping the peace thru superior firepower since 1850.  :thumbsup:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

That Canadian cop realized that the moron with the phone still had his safety on.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on April 24, 2018, 11:17:56 AM
Yeah kudos to the cop. If this was in America, the dude would be riddled with bullets by now.

It would have saved on prison costs.

USA USA USA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I'm really impressed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I am glad we are setting such a high standard for police work for the rest of the world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

This is the saddest thing I've ever been exposed to.  Sadder even than the Swinger phone message scene.

Alek Minassian's last Facebook post before the attack was "The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all Chads and Stacys! All hail Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!"

Incel means involuntary celibacy, i.e., you can't get laid.  Chads are guys who get laid while you don't.  Stacy's are girls who won't bang you.  Elliot Rodger was a guy who killed six in Santa Monica because he couldn't get laid.

Duque de Bragança

Ramadan starts soon but there is already a knife attack.
Le Figaro reports the perpetrator shouted Allahu Abkar before attacking.

http://www.france24.com/en/20180512-man-attacks-people-with-knife-paris-shot-police

QuoteOne person was killed in a knife attack in Paris on Saturday and the assailant was shot dead by police, a police source said.

French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb confirmed there had been an attack in Paris and said there were victims, without giving any details. The attacker had been overpowered by police, he said.

The Paris prefecture had earlier said a person had carried out a knife attack in the second arrondissement - or district - of the French capital. Paris' opera and landmark retail stores are located in that area.

PARIS KNIFE ATTACK

The police source said some seven people had been injured.

BFM TV said two were in a critical condition.

A judicial source said authorities were looking into whether the anti-terrorism prosecutor's office should be handling the case.

TWEET BY FRENCH POLICE

QuotePréfecture de police

@prefpolice
🔴 Agression de 5 personnes dans le 2ème arrondissement de Paris par un individu armé d'un couteau: une victime est décédée, deux sont blessées grièvement et deux sont blessées légèrement. L'agresseur est décédé.

France has been on high alert as a series of attacks commissioned or inspired by Islamic State have hit the country over the past three years in which dozens of people have been killed.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 12, 2018, 04:45:04 PM

Tragedy for the victims of this 'nutter'; good work by the police getting him so soon into his rampage.

That religion, sure is a powerful mind altering drug for some. Maybe for those troubled individuals it should only be available on prescription and taken under supervision, their dosages monitored?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on May 12, 2018, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 12, 2018, 04:45:04 PM

Tragedy for the victims of this 'nutter'; good work by the police getting him so soon into his rampage.

That religion, sure is a powerful mind altering drug for some. Maybe for those troubled individuals it should only be available on prescription and taken under supervision, their dosages monitored?

Some extremely dangerous opium of the people indeed!

Duque de Bragança

Perpetrator was Chechnyan, naturalised French (?!) after his refugee mother was given French citizenship.....
Name has been given, named Azimov, but not Isaac.
He was on an anti-terrorism watchlist, the so-called S-File.

http://www.france24.com/en/20180512-man-attacks-people-with-knife-paris-shot-police