News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2018, 05:14:30 PM
Orange is winning the productivity race.

I think it's more a crimson than that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Man that is it for 16 years? Hardly seems worth all the fuss.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Looks like we should be doing whatever we did in 2010.  No attacks, apparently (though the creator of this graphic might just have forgotten that the number that comes after 9 is 10, not 11).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2018, 10:55:06 AM
Looks like we should be doing whatever we did in 2010.  No attacks, apparently (though the creator of this graphic might just have forgotten that the number that comes after 9 is 10, not 11).

What's your beef with 8?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2018, 03:40:13 AM
Man that is it for 16 years? Hardly seems worth all the fuss.

Yes, we have been trolled.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on January 21, 2018, 11:09:24 AM
Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

What's your beef with 8?

I 8 beef, yeah.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

It's a mistake to only look at succesful attacks.
The white far right have tried to kill a lot more than they've managed to, they're just incompetent.

Also let's not forget that the reason Islamic extremists with their low kill count can take the top spot is thanks in large part to the EU that these Islamophobe types so hate. If they have their way we'll soon see Daesh struggling to remain relevant in the media as the IRA, ETA et al get back to business.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Tyr on January 21, 2018, 04:38:57 PM
It's a mistake to only look at succesful attacks.

Well, I suppose you could add in the death toll from unsuccessful attacks, but adding zero to the totals wouldn't actually change them.

:P:

Josquius

I see no mention in this thread yet, but apparently in searching the home of the school shooter of the moment they found a bunch of far right shit.
Possible hoax. Who knows.
But the dual standards... :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2018, 11:40:13 AM
I see no mention in this thread yet, but apparently in searching the home of the school shooter of the moment they found a bunch of far right shit.

I did notice that a lot of the people in the community had Jewish names, some of the parents had Israeli accents and the Chief of the Police, Scott Israel, mentioned they wouldn't be working on the Sabbath.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

A far right group had already claimed his was a member, I believe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on February 16, 2018, 12:03:43 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

I did notice that a lot of the people in the community had Jewish names, some of the parents had Israeli accents and the Chief of the Police, Scott Israel, mentioned they wouldn't be working on the Sabbath.

Didn't notice that, but I don't doubt you're right about the names*; doubly sad if that was part of his motivation.

Also that might tie-in with the nearly emboldened far-right in the US.

* yes I now recall the police chiefs name, but didn't attach any note to it at the time.

mongers

ISS attack on church worshipers in Europe:

Dagestan church shooting leaves five dead in Kizlyar12 minutes ago 

Five people have been killed in a shooting at a Christian church in the Russian republic of Dagestan.

Five others were also injured in the shooting, Russia's interior ministry said.

A local man fired at people leaving an evening service in the city of Kizlyar, Russia's Tass news agency said.

The attacker was shot and killed at the scene, and two police officers were among the wounded, the news agency reports.

Russian media report that the attacker used a hunting rifle, opening fire on worshippers leaving a service during the Maslenitsa celebrations - a traditional pre-Lent festival.

The Islamic State group later said - through its information wing Amaq -that one of its "soldiers" had carried out the attack.

full item here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43105171

Duque de Bragança

Daghestan has been a hotbed of instability for years now, in this troublesome corner of "Europe". In theory, since it is north of the Caucasus.
No Kadyrov there to protect Orthodox worshippers there too, for better or worse.

jimmy olsen

I missed this somehow last year, and after a quick search it wasn't mentioned in this thread either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14_October_2017_Mogadishu_bombings
QuoteOn 14 October 2017, a massive blast caused by a truck bombing in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, killed at least 512 people and injured 316.[1] Another 62 people remain missing.

is also the third-deadliest act of terrorism in recorded history, surpassed only by the 2007 Yazidi communities bombings and the September 11 attacks in 2001.[
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point