News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Can even be more primitive than middle ages - see the idolizing of Celtic or Germanic pre-Christian tribes in certain circles.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2019, 04:31:54 PM
Can even be more primitive than middle ages - see the idolizing of Celtic or Germanic pre-Christian tribes in certain circles.

Yes. That  association with primitivism goes back to the late 19th century racism (the superiority of the Saxons) and 30s fascist movements .
Que le grand cric me croque !

Duque de Bragança

Actually, Fascism glorified the Roman Empire. Though Mussolini was once a futurist.  :hmm:

frunk

I think they grab onto absolutely anything and everything they can to justify why they should be allowed to do very ugly things to people who look or act different. 

dps

Oexmelin

Quote from: dps on March 16, 2019, 07:05:54 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on March 16, 2019, 04:26:05 PMrah-rah guns

What the heck's that?

The sort of celebration of guns as a means to inflict violence upon opponents. All those hypothetical scenarios about at long last being able to shoot these liberals . Like, you know, the President of the United Ststes just did.
Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 16, 2019, 07:14:35 PM
Like, you know, the President of the United Ststes just did.
He's making America great again! :mad:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: frunk on March 16, 2019, 04:49:11 PM
I think they grab onto absolutely anything and everything they can to justify why they should be allowed to do very ugly things to people who look or act different.

I think it's all redirected resentment of their mother for not giving them enough affection.

The Larch

There's been breaking news of a shooting in Utrecht.

Maladict

Reports of a gunman outside my office have been greatly exaggerated. Missed my lunch break  :(

Maladict

Great, they won't let me go home  <_<

viper37

Just got a glimpse of the news were they talked of "multiple shooters".  Can't verify it right now.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Do you live/work in Utrecht, Maladict?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2019, 08:45:35 AM
Do you live/work in Utrecht, Maladict?

Yeah, both.

Three dead confirmed so far.  :(

Syt

:(

Has the perp been apprehended yet?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.