News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Shocking that the websites of the the Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror newspapers hosted exerts of the gunman's murder video.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Terrorist propaganda? Why would they do that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2019, 06:01:05 PM
Seems Rush has crazied himself up to the point he's attacking Fox News.

That's not even the crazy part.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2019, 09:18:58 PM
Terrorist propaganda? Why would they do that?

Click-bate advertising revenue.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2019, 09:33:19 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 15, 2019, 07:14:32 AM
QuoteOn Friday, following a devastating attack at two mosques in New Zealand's Christchurch, an Australian senator proved that some far-right ideologues' justifications can sound harrowingly similar when Muslims are the victims. Muslims, far-right independent Queensland Senator Fraser Anning said, "may have been the victims today, usually they are the perpetrators."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/03/15/right-wing-australian-senator-blames-immigration-new-zealand-mosque-attacks/?utm_term=.0614daa8a833

What a massive piece of shit.

I mean I would like to say I am surprised and appalled or something but hell if our President tweeted that I wouldn't be too surprised these days.

The only reason this guy is senator is because the guy who was actually elected was discovered after the election to be ineligible. This guy literally had only 19 votes and fluked his way into power. He was later kicked out of this white nationalist party for being too racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraser_Anning#cite_ref-9
QuoteAnning was third on the One Nation senate ticket in Queensland at the 2016 federal election. He gained just 19 below-the-line first-preference votes under the optional preferential voting system.[9] Due to its high statewide count, One Nation elected two senators in Queensland at the 2016 election – party leader Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts. In October 2017, during the parliamentary eligibility crisis, the Court of Disputed Returns ruled Roberts was ineligible to be elected to the Senate due to his failure to renounce his British citizenship.[10] The following month, on 10 November, Anning was declared elected in place of Roberts following a special recount.[11] Prior to his elevation to the Senate, he was facing bankruptcy legal action due to money owed to the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank. This could have made him ineligible to sit in parliament, but the case was withdrawn.[1]
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

So apparently the members of a large HOI4 Discord community got carpet banned.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mass-banning-of-hoi4-community-players-on-discord.1160651/

I don't know the server "The Tribe", but apparently there was some cheering for the mass shooting with an admin making memes about it? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2019, 08:13:22 AM
So apparently the members of a large HOI4 Discord community got carpet banned.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mass-banning-of-hoi4-community-players-on-discord.1160651/

I don't know the server "The Tribe", but apparently there was some cheering for the mass shooting with an admin making memes about it? :unsure:

wtf. good job that racists stuff wasn't on the paradox forums.

edit:
some of those comments in the paradox thread complaining about the mass banning are hilarious:

Collective punishment is a violation of the Geneva Convention. While getting banned from a server and being executed because there was some resistance fighter in your town is obviously not the same thing, it is interesting to see that there are so many people on this forum that have the same philosophical mindset as war criminals.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 16, 2019, 07:56:29 AM
The only reason this guy is senator is because the guy who was actually elected was discovered after the election to be ineligible. This guy literally had only 19 votes and fluked his way into power. He was later kicked out of this white nationalist party for being too racist.

He got 19 first preference votes, not 19 votes total.  And the person who was disqualified was another Nazi.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2019, 11:46:53 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 16, 2019, 07:56:29 AM

He got 19 first preference votes, not 19 votes total.  And the person who was disqualified was another Nazi.

Huh, even White Nationalists and Nazi's have a line. Who would have thought.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

The subreddits for Paradox games all have reminders that racist or anti-Muslim posts will not be tolerated. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

Yes, it's a real thing. Same in college - medieval history is being taken by white supremacists students.
Que le grand cric me croque !

PDH

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 16, 2019, 01:56:03 PM
Yes, it's a real thing. Same in college - medieval history is being taken by white supremacists students.

Great - now I can't tell anyone I got my MA in Medieval History.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

I think this mixes up cause and effect. If you get a hard-on from the thought of shiny white knights ruling over a shiny white land, then of course you'll be attracted to a game that represents a period of history which has exactly that as its idealised version.

But learning about medieval history, idealised or not, will not make you a white supremacist on its own.

In general, we, or our educators, seek to reinforce our existing (or intended) world views with "lessons" from history. It takes an open mind to try and use history to expand your horizons, and if you are willing to do that, you are already not in danger of being some radical dimwit.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2019, 01:32:49 PM

The subreddits for Paradox games all have reminders that racist or anti-Muslim posts will not be tolerated. :unsure:

So Paradox is a White Supremacist platform.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

Quote from: 11B4V on March 16, 2019, 02:27:27 PMSo Paradox is a White Supremacist platform.  :lol:

It's Vice....

Here's how their journalism works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7fUQXskvA
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.