News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Maladict, July 13, 2016, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Okay I upgraded last possible moment and so far so good. Nothing traumatic so far like with Windows 8.1 :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Phillip V on July 24, 2016, 11:06:49 PM
Upgrade done.  I had to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection because it is an older version, and my subscription lapsed.  Windows Defender - is it good enough alone?

Yes I think so. I've been using it for a couple years, haven't had any issues
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Phillip V on July 24, 2016, 11:06:49 PM
Upgrade done.  I had to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection because it is an older version, and my subscription lapsed.  Windows Defender - is it good enough alone?
get Avast or AVG Free, or Panda free.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Anyone notice that the PC takes longer to load up after a shut down than before the new patch?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Josephus on August 07, 2016, 07:19:54 AM
Anyone notice that the PC takes longer to load up after a shut down than before the new patch?

It's been exactly the opposite for me.  What are your system specs?
Experience bij!

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Scipio

Latest patch nearly nuked my computer. Had to hard reset several times. Now checking my HD to see if it's okay.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Liep

So last night I clicked on shut down and update as I usually do because why not, now I know why not. Apparently this time its a huge patch, at 17% after 30 minutes. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on September 29, 2016, 02:39:58 AM
So last night I clicked on shut down and update as I usually do because why not, now I know why not. Apparently this time its a huge patch, at 17% after 30 minutes. :bleeding:

It gained a little speed towards the end and I'm in again. Greeted by 5-6 error messages: "There was a problem with .html files so we resat the standard programme for these files to Edge", and same with other windows programmes. :lol:

Also, it re-enabled all ads, some privacy settings and re-installed Get Office. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

My computer patched Windows 10 in my sleep.  I haven't noticed any differences or problems. 

Liep

Also re-installed "Skype Preview" and then after I deleted it again it installed it again and logged in with my windows login.  :glare:

Liep

It also left my custom Russian keyboard input unusable. :(

And the Keyboard Creator doesn't work for Windows 10. :mad:

Fuck this shit.

Josquius

Mine updated quite quickly when I turned it on one day, maybe 30 minutes or so.
So far no issues...though it has turned that useless Cortana back on.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I immediately disabled that. I don't have a microphone on my desktop.

I have noticed, I guess it indexes, that it is much faster going to various folders on my PC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

In keeping with my decision to focus my comp sci job-seeking efforts toward computer security, I finally updated the Win 7 desktop to Win 10 last night.  Night and day.
Experience bij!