Quote from: 11B4V on June 07, 2016, 09:07:51 PM
Damn you folks are some wild ones.  :lol:

:lol:

... only when compared to the likes of Mono

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on June 08, 2016, 12:49:41 AM
Bouncing around jobs internationally is living wild?
Well call me Paddy McParty.
And all this time I thought it was the economy

Yeah, you're the Geordie Jack Kerouac.

And every time I heard a person talk French, it didn't matter if it was Swiss-French, Belgian-French, French-French or Canadian-French, I'd die a little each time inside - until the whole world became a void, a wasteland, an empty shell of the world.  Here among the wretched streets in this wretched Swiss town, where no one ever gave a thought to anything but money or chocolate every day had become a living nightmare with their language, that awful, awful language echoing everywhere, in every building or bar, around every corner, on every bus in every station, everywhere.

:P ;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Capetan Mihali

I've never been a wild guy, but compared to this lot... I definitely ended up in some weird and semi-dangerous situations, and let my hair down a little more between ages 17 and 24, certainly.  Suffice to say: I inhaled.  (And not just pot.)  But I'm reluctant to get into the specifics.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

I don't understand the question.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

I was too poor and too isolated to be "wild" as a kid.  Something tells me my midlife crisis is going to be EPIC.
Experience bij!

Capetan Mihali

Oh, plenty of poor and isolated youngsters manage to get into heaps of trouble, believe me.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Maladict

I signed up to Languish around 2004 so I could unleash my wild side that wouldn't be accepted in the real world.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2016, 03:24:40 AM
I signed up to Languish around 2004 so I could unleash my wild side that wouldn't be accepted in the real world.

And then decided to hang out on the wall? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2016, 03:28:10 AM
Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2016, 03:24:40 AM

And then decided to hang out on the wall? :unsure:

The wall?

Capetan Mihali

Hang out on the wall i.e be a wallflower, originally a person who was too timid to enter the dance floor and instead lined the walls observing the action; here, that would essentially mean you lurk.

Maladict

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 09, 2016, 03:44:52 AM
Hang out on the wall i.e be a wallflower, originally a person who was too timid to enter the dance floor and instead lined the walls observing the action; here, that would essentially mean you lurk.

Oh right. Kind of worrying that someone would think I was being serious.  :(

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on June 07, 2016, 12:33:39 PM
One of my cousins (sister of the guy who just had his window shot out) is something of a free spirit.  She's been an au pair in a couple European countries and South Africa; worked a couple dead end jobs overseas, got really into acid for some time, studied yoga in Indonesia and is now contemplating a move to the big island of Hawaii with her fiance to open her own yoga retreat.  They're there right now, they live in a primitive campground without electricity or running water where they perform some menial tasks to defray the cost of their stay.  They have no transportation, and rely on hitchhiking in order to make it to town.  My cousin has found a job helping a guy with either autism or Asperger syndrome deal with people, but she has to hitch hike to that job too.  Naturally her mother (my godmother) is appalled by all of this; but I suspect in a decade she'll be the most successful person I know and will amuse people with her stories of her days of being wild.

I caught up with her during my last trip to Detroit.  She and her fiance got married; she's still teaching yoga and working a couple dead end jobs.  Her husband doesn't have his green card yet; but they bought an acre on the big island (not on the The Bishop Estate, so they own it outright) where he spends his time "Growing things" ( ;) ;).)

The primitive campground they were first living was dubbed a "Hedonostel" by the inhabitants.  There current location is still pretty ramshackle, and nearby the hedonostel.  They had to have a friend stay at their place while they were back in Michigan otherwise everything would have been stolen.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock