Main Menu

Your days of being wild

Started by Savonarola, June 07, 2016, 12:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

How about you go fuck yourselves.

Razgovory

I lost my mind and hurt some people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Going to the US, I guess. I know "going back to college" is actually the opposite of "dropping out", but I had a pretty lucrative gig back then in the Spanish telly, and I quit it to go to the US to shake up things in my life. The course load wasn't all that, so there was plenty of self-discovering, being naively artistic, bohemian parties, and living hand to mouth.

That's about it really, I'm not a wild person. Have plenty of friends that have gone off the grid completely for years, and still landed on their feet.

11B4V

Damn you folks are some wild ones.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Bouncing around jobs internationally is living wild?
Well call me Paddy McParty.
And all this time I thought it was the economy
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Yeah and then have Raz use that information after 5 years for a personal attack? No way.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

No real wild days. I had children at the same time than BB & I am ~10 years younger.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 08, 2016, 08:34:45 AM
Scared of little ol' me? :lol:

And also coming from a man who attacks me about how I had treatment for MDD 6 years ago.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

No.  Unless not taking college seriously enough (while still graduating) counts.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Well only thing I regret is not dropping acid with Malthus back in the day but otherwise I've lived a full life.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Phillip V

Quote from: Savonarola on June 07, 2016, 12:33:39 PM
One of my cousins (sister of the guy who just had his window shot out) is something of a free spirit.  She's been an au pair in a couple European countries and South Africa; worked a couple dead end jobs overseas, got really into acid for some time, studied yoga in Indonesia and is now contemplating a move to the big island of Hawaii with her fiance to open her own yoga retreat.  They're there right now, they live in a primitive campground without electricity or running water where they perform some menial tasks to defray the cost of their stay.  They have no transportation, and rely on hitchhiking in order to make it to town.  My cousin has found a job helping a guy with either autism or Asperger syndrome deal with people, but she has to hitch hike to that job too.  Naturally her mother (my godmother) is appalled by all of this; but I suspect in a decade she'll be the most successful person I know and will amuse people with her stories of her days of being wild.

I'm curious if anyone here has ever "Dropped out" like that.

I haven't (in case you thought I was going in that direction).  I graduated from college at age 22 with a STEM degree, joined the corporate work force a couple months later and stayed there ever since, with a few months of unemployment.

I plan to "drop out" after I get rich and middle-aged.  If not, oh well.

For other people making the choice young, it should depend on your obligations.  My parents are my dependents, so it would have been evil for me to go wild and let them toil in poverty for several more years.

alfred russel

I dropped out of college, moved into a long term motel with cheap weekly rates because I couldn't get an apartment, and worked crappy restaurant jobs, trolling a certain internet forum in my downtime.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

KRonn

I was never adventurous, or perhaps brave enough. Even in my younger days when such adventurism is more doable I was looking for a career and steady jobs and growth, that sort of thing.  I do know of people who did do a lot of moving around in their younger days, and they're seen and done a lot which I think is hugely beneficial.