Archaeologists do it in holes: Tales from the stratigraphy

Started by Maladict, May 27, 2016, 02:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on December 18, 2019, 03:38:29 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2019, 07:43:24 PM
Human sacrifice you think? Though I wonder how they could figure he was ritually impaled.
Probably because there were iron and bone spears coming through his chests? :P

Had he been killed elsewhere, these would have been removed.

Also, that there were ten of them. Rather more than needed to simply kill him.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Maybe he was the Rasputin of the Iron Age and they just needed to make sure he was really dead.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on December 18, 2019, 08:41:58 AM
Maybe he was the Rasputin of the Iron Age and they just needed to make sure he was really dead.

Great. Now I have that song be Bony M in my head.  :D

Ra-ra-Rasputin, lover of the Russian queen ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on December 18, 2019, 09:50:47 AM

Alexandra was a prudish bore of a woman. I think people decided to start that rumor just to have something to talk about regarding the royals.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on December 24, 2019, 02:15:49 AM

Alexandra was a prudish bore of a woman. I think people decided to start that rumor just to have something to talk about regarding the royals.

You are undermining my trust in Bony M as a source for learning Russian history.  :cry:

Next you will tell me Rasputin wasn't Russia's greatest love machine.  :mad:

Valmy

Hey Bony M did her a favor. If she goes down in history as the banger of Russia's greatest love machine it will be more than she deserves :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Malthus on December 24, 2019, 09:57:31 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 24, 2019, 02:15:49 AM

You are undermining my trust in Bony M as a source for learning Russian history.  :cry:

Next you will tell me Rasputin wasn't Russia's greatest love machine.  :mad:
Don't worry. They're still solid on Irish history. Belfast is one of the greatest explorations of the Troubles through disco.
Let's bomb Russia!

Oexmelin

Pictures from the inside of the tomb of Holy Roman Emperor Friedrich III (father to Maximilian) in Vienna have been made available. They were obtained from a camera inserted in a small hole in the marble sarcophagus.

https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2019/11/researchers-explore-tomb-of-germanys.html
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

They had articles about this in Austrian media. It's pretty neat. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

I hope they increase security over the tomb - now that everyone knows there is a pile of priceless objects inside it.

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on January 13, 2020, 08:54:36 AM
I hope they increase security over the tomb - now that everyone knows there is a pile of priceless objects inside it.

Lara Croft isn't a real person.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Malthus on January 13, 2020, 08:54:36 AM

Apparently, the lid weighs more than a few tons. Which is why they did not even attempt to open the tomb.
Que le grand cric me croque !