News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Glad I didn't get this in the end, seems rather weak sauce.

Thinking of going back to playing some Civ IV. :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Thinking about it a bit...Yes. Nubia is a very weird choice.
If they were wanting some more Africans for balance why not go for Ethiopia or Axum.

But America and Australia annoy me more.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

The US has been there in every single Civ. Have you been holding this annoyance since 1991? :console:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Quote from: mongers on August 04, 2017, 07:46:51 AM

I actually like this more than V. I enjoy the game mechanics more. Remember that V had several expansions. It was pretty shit when it first came out. Actually, so was IV.

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on August 04, 2017, 09:48:16 AM
I actually like this more than V. I enjoy the game mechanics more.

Why? Not meaning to be glib, but try to sell the game to me. TO me, as a peaceful/culture player, the AI randomness is breaking the game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on August 04, 2017, 07:46:51 AM

I actually like this more than V. I enjoy the game mechanics more. Remember that V had several expansions. It was pretty shit when it first came out. Actually, so was IV.
The V and IV were flawed when they came out, but they weren't, for lack of a better word, tedious.  Somehow VI managed to break the "one more turn..." spell that was intrinsic to all Civ games before it, good or bad.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2017, 09:58:53 AM

Why? Not meaning to be glib, but try to sell the game to me. TO me, as a peaceful/culture player, the AI randomness is breaking the game.

I don't see the AI as that random - haven't really played with the very latest patch though.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 04, 2017, 10:38:09 AM

I don't see the AI as that random - haven't really played with the very latest patch though.

I don't think it is random but as he mentioned earlier the note actually knowing the reason they are annoyed is more fun in theory than in actual practice.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

The AI is no more random than in previous Civ games. In V, for example, it is pretty much impossible to keep anyone friendly for a long period of time, if you are doing well.

And I certainly played the shit out of VI when it came out, one more turn and all...

DGuller

I just checked my Steam stats.  I played VI for a grand total of 67 hours.  :hmm:  I played V for, oh shit, what the fuck am I doing with my life?

Grey Fox

Playing Civilization, obviously.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

At this point, I have 131 hours in VI and 684 hours in V. :ph34r: But most of the latter I played only after I had all the expansions. So there's definitely potential for VI to get up there.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on August 04, 2017, 08:46:14 AM
The US has been there in every single Civ. Have you been holding this annoyance since 1991? :console:

Yes.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

There's a typo in a XML file that has been messing up AI priorities, causing them to overvalue faith production. This is pretty bigtime: https://www.pcgamer.com/typos-in-a-civilization-6-data-file-are-messing-with-the-ais-priorities/

The article has link to a mod that fixes this, until Firaxis do it themselves.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 04, 2017, 08:46:14 AM

Really, there should be an Anglo-American civilization. A thousand years from now the UK, US, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand of the 17th-21st centuries will not seem anymore different than the Greek states and their colonies of the 6-2nd centuries BC.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point