News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight Struggle is out on Steam

Started by Drakken, April 16, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2016, 01:56:42 PM

When the US hasn't been too distracted to apply the Monroe Doctrine.

Man there were so many better comebacks with this one. But at least one time that France attacked Mexico, the US was helping them out. :P

But Algeria did not exist when France was 'attacking'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2016, 01:58:13 PM
Man there were so many better comebacks with this one.

Perhaps, for somebody with a degree in French history.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Drakken

When we get a critical mass of players and a few games under the wheel, how about we do a Twilight Languish tournament?

Habbaku

We have 5 at the moment, I believe?  Myself, Drakken, Berkut, Tamas, Jaron?

8 would be enough for a proper ladder, methinks.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Looks like I'll have to get this game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

I got this and played three offline games so far. Lost one as US, won two as US and USSR. I'm up for online games, but this is the first time I've ever played this game, so you'll probably have to give me a handicap and I'll still lose. :P

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

https://twilightstrategy.com/new-to-twilight-struggle/

The site itself was recommended to me by a TS-veteran friend. He wiped the floor with me twice now.

garbon

Maybe the download is helpful. Content on the site didn't appear all that useful to me when I tried reading through it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I think it can cut down on the learning process, especially the different sections in general strategy

Drakken

Quote from: Solmyr on April 20, 2016, 06:22:03 AM
I got this and played three offline games so far. Lost one as US, won two as US and USSR. I'm up for online games, but this is the first time I've ever played this game, so you'll probably have to give me a handicap and I'll still lose. :P

Habs is the an experienced player. While wiping the floor with me, he helps me to get what I am doing wrong.

Berkut

I consider myself decent at the game, and Habs beats me 70% of the time.

What sucks about this game though is I've always relied on the assumption that he did so by cheating....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

I'd be interested in playing with you peeps. I bought this and played it for several hours straight two nights in a row against the AI. I've only very passing experience with the board game.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Drakken

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 20, 2016, 08:56:03 AM
I'd be interested in playing with you peeps. I bought this and played it for several hours straight two nights in a row against the AI. I've only very passing experience with the board game.

Hit me.

Lord_Drakken.