News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight Struggle is out on Steam

Started by Drakken, April 16, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Yes.

Take some low quality meat, add brown souce and potatoes, and put it in a pie. What's not to love.

Drakken

Things are getting tense and gritty in South and Central America.

The Commies (Habs) are under Cuban Missile Crisis, and the US (me) have deployed their Nuclear Subs (which allows me to Coup without triggering any nuclear war).

Drakken

Well, that went South fast. Habs had an Africa Scoring Card and won on points. Bet he had all remaining SCs in his hand.  :nelson:

Note to myself, when you hold no SC, make sure to spoil his potential SC payouts.

Habbaku

:yes:

My hand after that was filled with your events--Puppet Governments, Grain Sales to Soviets, Ussuri River Skirmish...

As you noticed, I was able to win by mostly locking you out of Africa and South America, while also trying to do so in Central America as well.  I value access very highly in this game, and getting even one country under control (typically shooting for a 2- or 3-stability one) in a region is worth the points, even at the temporary expense.  If you see the other guy building up in an area, it's worth all you can do to get into the same region he's building, if only to prevent a total sweep.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Is it just me or does the Algerian flag look like the Mexican flag.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Same colors, different design in middle.

Drakken

LOL no, you are right. It is the same flag.  :blush:

I'll report it.

Eddie Teach

Oh, Algeria is wrong. Should have slim red lines on both sides.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

For a Brief period in the 1960's Algeria disguised itself as Mexico to ward off French attack.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 19, 2016, 01:49:54 PM
For a Brief period in the 1960's Algeria disguised itself as Mexico to ward off French attack.

Pfft. Since when has being Mexico prevented a French attack?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2016, 01:54:22 PM
Pfft. Since when has being Mexico prevented a French attack?

When the US hasn't been too distracted to apply the Monroe Doctrine.