News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight Struggle is out on Steam

Started by Drakken, April 16, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

They are still working on the iOS version.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Note: When creating a new game, be sure to up the time allotment for each player.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Do the games have to be played hotseat, or they can be played over several days?

Habbaku

Over several days.  You can input your move and log out, though the timer will keep running. 

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Okey, let's blow this Earth up. Game invite sent to you.

I'm going to suck, but at least now I am getting the hang of things.

Drakken

Jesus Christ, what a horrible draw. :bleeding:

Drakken

Habs fails his invasion of Israel so bad, it sends me to space.  :lol:

bogh

I got an email saying that Berkut had invited me to a game, but no game is there when I log in. Not sure if there's a trick to finding an invited game? Anyway, I'd have to do long time allotments - NZ time and only available on my home computer severely limits my access compared to say Chantry (which lets you play TS in a browser). In fact I'd probably rate chantry higher than this in terms of in game UI, but that could just be a matter of habit.

Feel free to challenge me if you're OK with a longish game. I am "boghsteren" on there.

Jaron

I'm ichythus if anyone ever wants to challenge a more novice player... ;)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

bogh

I've invited you to a game - let's see how this thing works.

Solmyr

Tamas

Jaron (US) vs Tamas (USSR) AAR:

I slapped Jaron around until start of Turn 4 when I won. The End.

Berkut

Quote from: bogh on April 18, 2016, 01:32:39 AM
I got an email saying that Berkut had invited me to a game, but no game is there when I log in. Not sure if there's a trick to finding an invited game? Anyway, I'd have to do long time allotments - NZ time and only available on my home computer severely limits my access compared to say Chantry (which lets you play TS in a browser). In fact I'd probably rate chantry higher than this in terms of in game UI, but that could just be a matter of habit.

Feel free to challenge me if you're OK with a longish game. I am "boghsteren" on there.

I sent some invites out, then deleted them once I lost a game to Habs because my timer ran out, and I had set them all to 30 minutes total.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on April 18, 2016, 06:33:53 AM
Jaron (US) vs Tamas (USSR) AAR:

I slapped Jaron around until start of Turn 4 when I won. The End.

How about you share your handle around, to see if it'll be that easy?  :lol: