Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Zanza

That's probably the Front National (I can't remember their current name) from France going by their small flags. They don't respect the EU either, but at least they are not turning their backs on some musicians playing a song. They are not as theatrical as Farage's goons.

Duque de Bragança

Rebranded as Rassemblement National.

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on July 02, 2019, 02:33:11 PM
Farage and his posse of assclowns turned their back on the musicians when the European Anthem (from Beethoven's 9th symphony) was played in the opening session of the European Parliament. Such class and tact. One comment I read was: "Brexiters looking back while the rest of Europe looks forward."

What a bunch of complete wankers.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Brits and snobbery. What can you do.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Does the Brexit party think that once the UK leaves the EU they will teleport across the ocean? Antagonizing your neighbor like this is fucking insane. Sort of like Canadian politicians burning the American flag or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2019, 08:42:32 PM
Antagonizing your neighbor like this is fucking insane.

Worked out OK for Castro.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on July 02, 2019, 10:53:01 PM

Sure. But not for Cuba :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2019, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: dps on July 02, 2019, 10:53:01 PM

Sure. But not for Cuba :P

Well, to be fair, nothing much has ever worked out well for Cuba.

Tamas

QuoteIt's important to remember that the PMIs are not official government data -- they're calculated by IHS Markit based on interviews with purchasing managers.

Their view on output, activity, orders and confidence are converted into a single number -- anything over 50 shows growth.

So, according to Markit, here's what happened in June:

Services: STALLED, with the PMI falling to 50.2, a four-month low.
Manufacturing: SHRANK at the fastest pace in six years, with the PMI falling to 48
Construction: PLUNGED, with the PMI slumping to 43.1, the worst in a decade
Overall private sector: SHRANK for the first time since summer 2016, with the PMI dropping to 49.2

The Brain

Why is the EU throttling the UK? Is it spite?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

On the topic of  British edgelord parties seeking attention by crapping on the European Pairlament:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/03/magid-magid-black-mep-claims-he-was-asked-to-leave-eu-parliament-on-first-day

a Green MEP who happens to be black went in wearing a baseball cap, shorts, and a black t-shirt saying "F**ck fascism" and was initially asked to leave before it was cleared that he is actually an MEP. Which then he proceeded to try to Twitter-drama into a racist incident.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Razgovory

Do you remember a time when when the Greens were defined by their support of Monophysitism?  Pepperidge farm remembers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I was in Switzerland at a small party with my girlfriend's family and friends on the weekend.
Oddly the subject of brexit didn't come up.
What did come up...was the subject of John Bercow and how awesome he is. Now that's not something I saw coming
██████
██████
██████