Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 08, 2019, 12:58:57 PM
The father prefers to be known as Harry rather than Henry, so it is not all that surprising that he would not burden his child with a more formal name.

His mother does have a name that could be shortened. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2019, 01:13:44 PM
The father prefers to be known as Harry rather than Henry, so it is not all that surprising that he would not burden his child with a more formal name.

This is a boy  :P

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 08, 2019, 01:39:35 PM

Stop boxing the baby in to preconceived notions of gender roles!  :mad:

HVC

Could have named him Han :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

So the father is the one that has the say? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I will only ever refer to him as Citizen Archibald.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2019, 02:23:18 PM

So the father is the one that has the say? :huh:

:huh:

Why would that be.

garbon

Oh I get it. You were saying he shouldn't be called Meg. ::mellow:

crazy canuck

Try again.  I am sure you will get there.

garbon

Nope, I've no idea what the gender has to do with it.

crazy canuck

I had such high hopes for you too.

Barrister

I have three kids, all with names that could easily be shortened.

Timothy is 95% of the time called Tim.  His mother and I are the only ones who call him Timothy, and even then not usually.

Andrew though is always Andrew.  Never Andy or Drew.

And Joshua is about 50/50 between Josh and Joshua.

I have no idea how that works - I guess there's no real rule when it comes to names.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

QuoteCorbyn seeks to make Euro elections about social justice, not Brexit, as he launches Labour campaign

I mean, obviously the biggest impact a MEP can make is domestic social policy, especially with Brexit pending.

The only question is whether Corbyn is an indecisive idiot, or is actively working to prevent any solution emerging, so a no deal crash that's not his fault can be orchestrated?

Tyr?

Tamas

Good comment I've seen:

QuoteHope people see how UK is being pushed from pillar to post, by China and the US, on Huawei issue. We can look forward to much more of this, once outside the protection of our EU partnership and desperate for trade deals. This is what "sovereignty" looks like in a world of giants.

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on May 09, 2019, 06:54:34 AM
Good comment I've seen:

QuoteHope people see how UK is being pushed from pillar to post, by China and the US, on Huawei issue. We can look forward to much more of this, once outside the protection of our EU partnership and desperate for trade deals. This is what "sovereignty" looks like in a world of giants.

But, but... the special relationship!  :cry: