Terrorist insurrection against the US Government? OK as long as you're white

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2016, 12:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 04, 2016, 09:49:15 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 04, 2016, 04:34:57 PM
Occupying buildings have long been a method of protest here, obviously no guns are involved. Usually it's peaceful but the more extreme kind of occupiers sometimes use molotov cocktails and such against the police.

It's not terrorism.

Usually, the feds would respond by burning the building. But that might be hypocritical in this case.

They would burn their own building? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2016, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 04, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2016, 06:37:00 PM
I don't know. Arson will land you in the can over here too, although not five years (unless there's been danger of personal injury).

If there has a mandatory five-year prison sentence for burning some grass on starting a fire to cover a crime, using accelerants, and putting the lives and property of others at grave risk on government-owned property, then there's legislators are morons, too.

There, fixed it for you.

The prosecutors weren't able to prove that they were covering up a crime.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2016, 10:13:48 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2016, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 04, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2016, 06:37:00 PM
I don't know. Arson will land you in the can over here too, although not five years (unless there's been danger of personal injury).

If there has a mandatory five-year prison sentence for burning some grass on starting a fire to cover a crime, using accelerants, and putting the lives and property of others at grave risk on government-owned property, then there's legislators are morons, too.

There, fixed it for you.

The prosecutors weren't able to prove that they were covering up a crime.

Yeah, cause these dingbats decided to start a wild fire to cover their tracks, A fire that almost killed one of their kids.  I know Grumbler and Reason magazine consider crimes against the Feds to be "victimless crimes", but like I said that dog won't hunt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Official response from Mormon church:

Church Responds to Inquiries Regarding Oregon Armed Occupation
SALT LAKE CITY —
In response to news media inquiries, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued the following statement Monday, January 4 (for more context on this issue, see this story from the Washington Post):

While the disagreement occurring in Oregon about the use of federal lands is not a Church matter, Church leaders strongly condemn the armed seizure of the facility and are deeply troubled by the reports that those who have seized the facility suggest that they are doing so based on scriptural principles. This armed occupation can in no way be justified on a scriptural basis. We are privileged to live in a nation where conflicts with government or private groups can — and should — be settled using peaceful means, according to the laws of the land.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Jaron on January 05, 2016, 01:29:58 AM
Deer

All this nonsense just for deer makes no sense. The damn things are like a biblical plague overrunning everything. We're going to have to go Aussie rabbit hunt on them soon.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Jaron

Eddie Teach

Remember the last time some cultists had a standoff with the US government.

Jaron

Eddie Teach

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2016, 03:27:37 AM
They're about as respectable as Scientology.

They are a legitimate religion. There is no comparison to Scientology. Where are you getting this information? You sound very ignorant right now.