Terrorist insurrection against the US Government? OK as long as you're white

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2016, 12:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

What happens if the federal government ignores those hillbillies? What happens if they send in the black helicopters? I think the latter would give better TV pictures.

Berkut

This isn't terrorism. Uggh. Not every bad thing someone does is terrorism.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Liep

Occupying buildings have long been a method of protest here, obviously no guns are involved. Usually it's peaceful but the more extreme kind of occupiers sometimes use molotov cocktails and such against the police.

It's not terrorism.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

College kids have been occupying places for years now.

Hell there was an enormous protest movement that took the word for their name...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

We actually also had an occupation yesterday. 20 or so people entered an empty government building to illustrate that Denmark has plenty of space to host refugees instead of in tent camps.

They were all arrested and the media went with calling them intruders and didn't really write about why they did it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2016, 04:39:56 PM

Hell there was an enormous protest movement that took the word for their name...

The reason the Fighting Seedies managed to stay as long as they did is because they were given permission to camp in a privately owned park.

OttoVonBismarck

That's true of Zucotti Park in NYC, but the national Occupy movement involved a lot of occupations (that violated the law) of public parks around the country.

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 04, 2016, 05:58:35 PM
That's true of Zucotti Park in NYC, but the national Occupy movement involved a lot of occupations (that violated the law) of public parks around the country.

:yes:

And here as well.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2016, 06:37:00 PM
I don't know. Arson will land you in the can over here too, although not five years (unless there's been danger of personal injury).

If there has a mandatory five-year prison sentence for burning some grass on government-owned property, then there's legislators are morons, too.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I gladly give up my white privilege to occupy federal buildings while carrying weapons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on January 04, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2016, 06:37:00 PM
I don't know. Arson will land you in the can over here too, although not five years (unless there's been danger of personal injury).

If there has a mandatory five-year prison sentence for burning some grass on starting a fire to cover a crime, using accelerants, and putting the lives and property of others at grave risk on government-owned property, then there's legislators are morons, too.

There, fixed it for you.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Liep on January 04, 2016, 04:34:57 PM
Occupying buildings have long been a method of protest here, obviously no guns are involved. Usually it's peaceful but the more extreme kind of occupiers sometimes use molotov cocktails and such against the police.

It's not terrorism.

Usually, the feds would respond by burning the building. But that might be hypocritical in this case.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2016, 04:39:56 PM

Were these people equipped with firearms?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017