Star Wars Discussion Thread contains spoilers (and may contain nuts)

Started by Josephus, December 15, 2015, 10:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

My friend flew from Australia for the première. Here's Mark Hamill high-fiving one of her sons on the red carpet.

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Norgy

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2015, 09:31:41 AM
It's crazy good.

Serious? Huh.

I was going to wait for reviews.

Damn I thought George Lucas was bad, he was an amateur when it comes to whoring out Star Wars compared to Disney. Everything is freaking Star Wars, I bet you could buy light saber condoms. That has been a bit of a turnoff but I am trying not to hold that against the movie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2015, 09:33:23 AM
Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2015, 09:31:41 AM
It's crazy good.

Serious? Huh.

Serious. The soundtrack, the acting, the visuals, the story, everything was good. The trailer had me thinking it would be bad but I think it was misleading on purpose.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I mean, they could've toned down the referential stuff and gone new, but it gives me great hope for VIII. Which I'm sure will then fail accordingly.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2015, 09:53:45 AM
I mean, they could've toned down the referential stuff and gone new, but it gives me great hope for VIII. Which I'm sure will then fail accordingly.

Was Episode VII A New Hope?

Sorry.

Anyway yeah they could be setting us up like they did with the Star Trek reboot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

One scene reminded me too much of the dreaded Unobtainium scene in Avatar. It was satire on the previous movies but it seemed to not be aware of it even if Abrams must have been.

Well, it was good as I said. The forest fighting scene was ace.

Liep

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 15, 2015, 11:42:09 AM
I heard Han dies.

[spoiler]In a heart wrenching scene, but Finn will be a good replacement, he was already better in this movie. That said, Ford delivered well above expectations, he seemed much more comfortable back in this role than as Indiana Jones[/spoiler]

How spoilertastic should this thread be?