News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Surface Pro 4

Started by Alcibiades, December 06, 2015, 07:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Going on an extended  trip overseas and looking at getting the Surface Pro 4 for some light gaming and movies.  My biggest question before getting it is about the RAM.  I plan on getting the I7 but I'm not looking for this to replace my desktop, and I'm not going to be doing any video editing, how much RAM do I realistically need?  I'm torn between getting 8 gigs or 16 gigs with a price tag of about 200 dollars for the increase.  Also I've read that having the extra ram will increase heat just a little bit and heat is currently the biggest bottleneck for the CPU since it is what determines throttling. 

Thanks
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

http://www.techspot.com/article/1043-8gb-vs-16gb-ram/

Looks like this answers the question pretty well - in case anyone else was curious.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain