News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Dogs are much better suited to live amongst humans than wolves are.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Yeah, dogs developed an excellent survival strategy.  Do work for people, people feed them and don't kill them.  Cats developed and even better one, don't do anything for people, and people feed and protect them.  Wolves, not so much.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

And while wolves might be cooler, they're also much closer to being wiped out.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

QuoteTrue. Like it or not.
Oh and just a friendly reminder, the Nobel peace prize was awarded to Europe in 2012.

It's been a long time since the last preaching by assertion.

This is about a FAZ article justifying German guild and self-hatred.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/debatten/janne-teller-thank-god-for-the-burden-of-history-14243542.html#GEPC;s6

QuoteThe Burden of History
How the German Sense of Guilt Saves the European Reputation
In choosing response to the current refugee crisis, European countries should look to Germany. But not just to its current specific rhetoric and policies that - despite falling far short of the needs – still wager more humane than most of the rest of Europe's. Yet, much more so as to the reasons why: a profound understanding of the costs for future generations of nations acting inhumanely.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Brain on May 19, 2016, 01:01:46 AM
Dogs are Uncle Toms.

Well, you don't exactly go to the airport and see cats wearing DO NOT PET vests sniffing luggage for contraband drugs.  Fuck that noise, let the humans deal with their own problems.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

I'll have you know that my short-lived feline assistance program, "At Purr Service!", was the very epitome of a self-reliance, by-your-own-bootstraps handicapped service animal model. 

Nothing empowers the handicapable to help themselves more than a service cat.

Martinus

Funny how a complete lack of diversity is something to be proud of, as long as it does not involve men.

Imagine their periods syncing, though.  :ph34r:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2016, 04:23:23 AM
I see some Asian women in the back. :huh:

That's one. And it doesn't change the fact they are all women.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 23, 2016, 04:38:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2016, 04:23:23 AM
I see some Asian women in the back. :huh:

That's one. And it doesn't change the fact they are all women.

Did you or did you not say 'complete lack of diversity'? The two Asian women seem contrary to that notion.

On a substance front, I don't know if we should cry many tears because a meeting of editors took place and there were no men.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

The point is that she is boasting about it.