News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Fat Liberation Workshop. Only in America.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I wonder what #4 is supposed to mean.

Maybe something about reducing meat consumption pisses fatties off?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I dunno; that outfit, looks like fat is already liberated.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2016, 04:12:52 PM

It means that activists within sustainable food movements and food justice movements (who can be good people, but who are also full of self-righteous people, like monomaniacal vegans) tend to associate fat people with the "other", those who are part of the problem - as meat eaters, unhealthy eaters, consumers of industrial junk food, etc.

Que le grand cric me croque !

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 30, 2016, 05:47:03 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2016, 04:12:52 PM

It means that activists within sustainable food movements and food justice movements (who can be good people, but who are also full of self-righteous people, like monomaniacal vegans) tend to associate fat people with the "other", those who are part of the problem - as meat eaters, unhealthy eaters, consumers of industrial junk food, etc.

Hello Oexy, good you have you back posting. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

"Fatness has little to nothing to do with health" is climate change denial level of stupidity. Perhaps even worse. Is there any single condition that is not made worse by being overweight?

Martinus

Just for the record, my post was meant to lampoon the idiocy of that fat bitch and her Powerpoint - not the lampoon people lampooning her. Just saying. ;)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2016, 02:12:02 AM
Just for the record, my post was meant to lampoon the idiocy of that fat bitch and her Powerpoint - not the lampoon people lampooning her. Just saying. ;)

The only people who didn't get that are the ones who never read your posts, and they didn't read the clarification either.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2016, 02:22:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2016, 02:12:02 AM

The only people who didn't get that are the ones who never read your posts, and they didn't read the clarification either.  :P

But then would they see the picture I posted either? :P

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on May 01, 2016, 02:02:32 AM
"Fatness has little to nothing to do with health" is climate change denial level of stupidity. Perhaps even worse. Is there any single condition that is not made worse by being overweight?

Anorexia?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on May 01, 2016, 02:47:21 AM

Anorexia?

:D

Zanza

Anorexia?
Maybe, but Anorexia is a psychiatric disorder. Being underweight is only the symptom, not the disease itself.

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on May 01, 2016, 03:01:21 AM

Anorexia?
Maybe, but Anorexia is a psychiatric disorder. Being underweight is only the symptom, not the disease itself.

I don't follow.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza