News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2016, 12:16:09 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2016, 10:57:28 AM
The far left is not so much about that workers stuff anymore. They are a bunch of privileged abled people or something.

That became quite clear in Canada, when the left-wing party embraced a platform of wiping out the oil and gas industry, together with the hundred thousand blue collar working jobs that go with it.

You are getting as bad as Viper.  What left-wing party "embraced" wiping out the oil and gas industry?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2016, 10:30:41 AM
The far left is not so much about that workers stuff anymore. They are a bunch of privileged abled people or something.

That became quite clear in Canada, when the left-wing party embraced a platform of wiping out the oil and gas industry, together with the hundred thousand blue collar working jobs that go with it.

You are getting as bad as Viper.  What left-wing party "embraced" wiping out the oil and gas industry?

The NDP. Not to defend BB to much but they did that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

The NDP and the Leap Manifesto.

They want the oil and gas industry to be extinct by 2050.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 27, 2016, 10:53:31 AM

The NDP. Not to defend BB to much but they did that.

No they agreed to consider the manifesto.  It is a blood bath here in BC.  The NDP are ripping themselves apart over the issue.  McLeans even had a cover story on it entitled - how to kill the NDP.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2016, 04:39:35 PM

The NDP and the Leap Manifesto.

They want the oil and gas industry to be extinct by 2050.

That is what I thought you were talking about.  Far from the NDP  "embracing" the manifesto the closest they came was to vote to consider it.  There was a huge amount of disagreement among the delegates about even going that far.  And for good reason.  It is a very divisive issue which pits the unions against the environmentalists. With a year to go before the BC election the timing could not be worse for the NDP here. 

garbon

Quote<rant> Walked into a Louis Vutton for all of three minutes out of curiosity, because I'd never been in one before, and I practically ran out in a panic of confusion and disgust, with my sense of hope for the human race and the possibility of peace and equality on earth lying beaten up and tattered on the ground. I think it had something to do with the woman there promoting the small LV bag shaped vase with fake flowers in it as a Mother's Day gift for the unthinkable price tag of $6,000. Six fucking thousand dollars. I love my mom, and I know that she would be horrified, as I would hope all mothers would, if a child of theirs spent that much money on such a frivolous object while so many mothers' children in this planet starve. It blows my mind and saddens my heart how these two realities are possible. I'm not saying one should not occasionally indulge in nice things or experiences to take care of oneself and ones body and experience joy and pleasure. But there's a line, somewhere, I don't know exactly where, where indulgence makes me so angry I want to throw up. Thanks for listening </rant>
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

That mom probably wasn't horrified when her husband laid out that much for a shiny hunk of frivolous geology.  :P

Martinus

CountDeMoney

That is an absolutely atrocious PowerPoint.

She should've used "e.g." instead of "i.e."