When it comes to Languish, just ask yourself your posts are--

Stupid
Crass
Rude
Obtuse
Thickheaded
Unnecessary
Mean

And if not, go back and make sure they are.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

You know I can forgive the actual people of 1860. They had built their social system upon a horrible institution and built up an elaborate system to justify and rationalize it. They insisted the Fifth Amendment said that they could take their property everywhere, and the Supreme Court reinforced this with the Dred Scott decision. Uprooting the entire social order and attacking the economic bases of a society are going to stir deep resentment and hostility.

But these modern Neo-Confederates? It is amazing what kind of mental hoops you have to jump through to be in favor of that cause now. You pretty much have to disregard the entirety of the primary sources from the era and insist that things nobody said were the real cause of the war.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2016, 09:56:58 PM
You know I can forgive the actual people of 1860. They had built their social system upon a horrible institution and built up an elaborate system to justify and rationalize it. They insisted the Fifth Amendment said that they could take their property everywhere, and the Supreme Court reinforced this with the Dred Scott decision. Uprooting the entire social order and attacking the economic bases of a society are going to stir deep resentment and hostility.

But these modern Neo-Confederates? It is amazing what kind of mental hoops you have to jump through to be in favor of that cause now. You pretty much have to disregard the entirety of the primary sources from the era and insist that things nobody said were the real cause of the war.

There is one (at least) line of thinking that doesn't require any mental gymnastics or hoop jumping at all.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on April 04, 2016, 09:59:48 PM
There is one (at least) line of thinking that doesn't require any mental gymnastics or hoop jumping at all.

Well that as well. I have a hard time not having a visceral reaction to those people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Speaking of which my cousin posted this on FB today  :P

derspiess

Pretty sure this guy isn't racist (as in not white separatist racist), so I have a feeling he may not have scrutinized this too much when he decided to post this with his normal 50 daily posts...

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2016, 12:07:31 PM
Pretty sure this guy isn't racist (as in not white separatist racist), so I have a feeling he may not have scrutinized this too much when he decided to post this with his normal 50 daily posts...

Isn't the answer "March through January"? :P

It's like people complaining about there being no "Straight Pride Marches". I think people dislike identity politics, and admittedly in the West in particular (and this is something that is a bit difficult for me as a Pole because I would still like us to be more like the West a bit, but the backlash from the West is already coming here) because right now in the West most stuff is about class but people still think it is about something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2016, 12:35:42 PM

Isn't the answer "March through January"? :P

Yes. Thank you captain obvious :P

And it is wrong anyway. There are numerous European heritage events throughout the year if you just need that sort of thing.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2016, 12:40:41 PM
And it is wrong anyway. There are numerous European heritage events throughout the year if you just need that sort of thing.

I like how they often confuse foreigners.  Like with Cinco de Mayo not being that huge of a deal in Mexico, Northern Germans being annoyed by Bavarian-type celebrations, etc.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2016, 12:40:41 PM

Yes. Thank you captain obvious :P

Hey, if you are Jewish, you get a day(s) celebrating your near-extinction as your particular bit of European heritage event. Yay. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_Memorial_Days
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2016, 11:53:21 AM

Speaking of which my cousin posted this on FB today  :P

Motherfucking awesome.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I just sent it to my favorite Bulldog grad.

Razgovory

Yeah the white power fist is not something you want to put up there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017