News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2016, 01:29:56 PM
I find it weird that it's still in fashion.  People were doing that when I was in middle school.  That was two decades ago.

I'm pretty sure it was against my school's dress code.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 24, 2016, 01:59:31 PM
I find it weird that it's still in fashion.  People were doing that when I was in middle school.  That was two decades ago.

I'm pretty sure it was against my school's dress code.

One day in 5th grade, our teachers had a kid who always wore his pants like that, run down the hallway to see if he could manage to keep them up without holding with his hands. Predictably he failed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on February 24, 2016, 01:33:58 PM

Indeed, it has been curiously lasting - considering it is a fashion that makes anyone adopting it look more than slightly 'intellectually challenged'.  :lol:

Punk early 80s style is still going strong.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Through evolution, generations that wear their pants like that will probably end up having elongated spines and short legs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 24, 2016, 02:33:07 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 24, 2016, 01:33:58 PM

Indeed, it has been curiously lasting - considering it is a fashion that makes anyone adopting it look more than slightly 'intellectually challenged'.  :lol:

Punk early 80s style is still going strong.

True, but punk gear (a) doesn't make you look like a total moron, and (b) doesn't actually obstruct your ability to move. I can accept the sense of fashions that do either (a) or (b) (hell, lots of women wear heels they can't actually run in, just to look sexy), but not ones that do both!  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Trumpites are increasing on my FB feed.  Getting more of this.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Eddie Teach

I think most people who say things like "(color) people do this" are being somewhat racist.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

I don't think any of those things.

But I guess they just said 'White People' meaning more than one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."