News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yeah. His brother married his boyfriend last year. Guess he didn't want to be left behind. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on February 05, 2016, 01:42:11 PM
Yeah. His brother married his boyfriend last year. Guess he didn't want to be left behind. :P

Are they sons of your crazy sister or is it another part of the family?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2016, 04:28:40 PM

He has multiple sisters living in the US.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2016, 04:28:40 PM

One of the sisters's sons.  Syt has said for all the other crazy stuff they post about they're very pro-LGBT rights.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

All sisters, or just the one with three gay children?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Of all the things he posts, you pick that one? :huh:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

That's just not true - the Democratic Party supported slavery so unless you consider blacks not wanting to be slaves a "special interest group", the claim that the Democratic Party has always been like described in the quote is just incorrect.

Like I said on Facebook, I may be a fan of modern day Germany, but I wouldn't say that "Germany has always been a force for peace and tolerance in Europe". Only an idiot would say that.

Jaron

It was 1948. I doubt Truman was framing that quote in the context of black Americans.  :rolleyes:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

I assure you, there were groups of people with a special interest having disproportionate sway in both parties in 1948.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on February 18, 2016, 04:13:14 AM
It was 1948. I doubt Truman was framing that quote in the context of black Americans.  :rolleyes:

Does that really matter though? You invoke the greatness of a name through the ages, you take the bad as well as the good.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.