News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2016, 06:08:33 AM
How old does Ted Cruz think the earth is?

According to Raz, 6,000 years old. If he disagreed with that, he would have been an idiot. :contract:

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 18, 2016, 06:27:02 AM
Not everyone who believes the earth is 6000 years old is an idiot. Intelligent people are just as vulnerable to cognitive dissonance as everybody else.

You have to swallow a lot of assumptions to actually believe that creation happened 6000 years ago.  I suppose ignorance could account for a lot of that belief (sometimes willful ignorance), but it is my contention that a whole lot of people believe the Young Earth Creationist concept because it sets them apart from and above those who use reason.  I think YEC is more a response to the perceived materialism and moral decay of the world than it is a theological stance; "if you believe x, then y must be true, because you are so wrong about everything else."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

QuoteFINALLY SOMEONE ASKED HIM THE QUESTION!
ON "ABC-TV" DURING THE "NETWORK SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE".... OBAMA WAS ASKED:
"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM
AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????"
THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS <>OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT !!!
IN ADDITION, A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THEIR RESPONSE WAS."WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT."
AND THEY DID. IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE "KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL" WAS WRITTEN INTO THE NEW HEALTH CARE REFORM INITIATIVE ENSURING THAT THAT CONGRESS WILL BE 100% EXEMPT !
SO, THIS GREAT NEW HEALTH CARE PLAN THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND I... IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA, HIS FAMILY OR CONGRESS...??
WE (THE AMERICAN PUBLIC) NEED TO STOP THIS PROPOSED DEBACLE ASAP !!!! THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG !!!!!
PERSONALLY, I CAN ONLY ACCEPT A UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL THAT EXTENDS TO EVERYONE... NOT JUST US LOWLY CITIZENS.... WHILE THE WASHINGTON "ELITE" KEEP RIGHT ON WITH THEIR GOLD-PLATED HEALTH CARE COVERAGES.
If you don't pass this around, may you enjoy his Plan!

WHAT???
The Republic has a CONSTITUTION???

Amendment 28

Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .

Imagine what we could do if everybody passed this around.
Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .

Imagine what we could do if everybody passed this around.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

:hmm: I wouldn't want to take a shit on that one.

Razgovory

I'm a little confused by that last one Syt.  There is no 28th amendment, and Congress is not exempt from the ACA.  I was a little curious where it came from, and apparently the article is a complete lie.  Obama wasn't asked that question.  He was asked some other weird question about Healthcare, which he did answer.  You need to tell your sister that someone is lying to them, trying to make them look like fools.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on January 20, 2016, 09:51:54 PM
I'm a little confused by that last one Syt.  There is no 28th amendment, and Congress is not exempt from the ACA.  I was a little curious where it came from, and apparently the article is a complete lie.  Obama wasn't asked that question.  He was asked some other weird question about Healthcare, which he did answer.  You need to tell your sister that someone is lying to them, trying to make them look like fools.

1. It's from my brother in law.
2. I've stopped correcting their Facebook posts. I would do little else if I kept doing that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2016, 04:15:00 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 20, 2016, 09:51:54 PM

1. It's from my brother in law.
2. I've stopped correcting their Facebook posts. I would do little else if I kept doing that.

Yeah Syt, I was just thinking if you lived a near infinite life, the all of you posts on languish would end up being in this thread and none in any other.

I think you need to kick this thread into touch for purposes on your own mental well being; please do lock it so it can sink into the oblivion of page x of the forum index.  :) 

I'm sure other Languishites who find or are sent stupid social media shit will still be happy to post it in OTT. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Syt's sacrifice for the entertainment of Languish is very appreciated.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

FunkMonk

A good friend of mine recently hopped aboard this dietary supplement fad called Plexus and became a "Plexus Ambassador." She won't stop posting about it on FB and badgered me for two days about Plexus products before she gave up trying to sell the crap to me.

QuoteMaybe you are suffering with joint pain, indigestion, sleeplessness, low energy or are unhappy with your weight.
Getting your gut healthy, balancing your blood sugar, and reducing inflammation are three steps to feeling better that you might not even know about. Whole body health could make all the difference for you!

Contact me if you are ready to try Plexus!!

QuotePlexus is not a scam or a pyramid scheme it is a health and wellness company that sells natural products to help people. We do not claim to be the miracle cure for everything but we do have hundreds of thousands of testimonials from people plexus has helped. Whether it be from digestive issues, weightloss, insomnia, exhaustion, pain management and many more ailments. I am so happy and excited to be a part of such a great team with my mission to help people become healthier and happier smile emoticon if you're interested in plexus or becoming an ambassador let me know! ‪#‎watchmeorjoinme‬

QuoteI was definitely a skeptic of Plexus before trying it. I thought it wasn't going to do anything and was too expensive but then i tried it. Now i LOVE it! It has given me energy, curbed my appetite, slimmed my waist, helped me sleep better and i haven't gotten sick. If you try plexus and want to return it for whatever reason we have a 60 day money back guarantee.if you dont try it youll never know so why not? Inbox me for my website to check out our all natural products! smile emoticon ‪#‎cant‬ get enough of the pink drink

Fucking christ :bleeding::bleeding::bleeding::bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

When you need to advertise that it's not a pyramide scheme it's definitely a pyramide scheme. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?