News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteIf you don't share this you're not American. The statue is hand carved and is a monument for Chris kyle
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

katmai

Quote from: Zanza on January 09, 2016, 01:36:35 PM
Is Chris Kyle someone I should know?
the movie American Sniper is based on his book. Does that mean you should know him, not necessarily.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on January 09, 2016, 01:43:51 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle
So they gave a handgun to someone they knew was insane and he then shot them dead? That wasn't very smart of them...

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on January 09, 2016, 01:50:51 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 09, 2016, 01:43:51 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle
So they gave a handgun to someone they knew was insane and he then shot them dead? That wasn't very smart of them...

You hate freedom and the 2nd Amendment. :( ;)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on January 10, 2016, 01:46:19 PM
The logic.

What, you think that there is more than one "English version" of the bible?  Preposterous!

Don't try to apply logic to bumper-sticker thinking.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!