And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on December 12, 2015, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2015, 09:59:45 PM
The weirdest thing was the Confederate flag was never even banned. There have been calls to remove it as symbols of state governments. That's it. I think Walmart stopped selling it for minute.

But somehow they are determined that is was banned.

What do facts and logic have to do with the "like and share" crowd?

I'm more concerned with this apparent "lick and share" crowd.  That's just not sanitary.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2015, 10:03:53 AM
I thought unbanning Mart was a mistake, and every day he posts I'm confirmed in that belief. He has little to add to the forum except bile, ignorance, arrogance, egotism, and lack of empathy well beyond other posters' "achievements".

Meh, he's a silly fool.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2015, 12:13:30 AM
Quote from: grumbler on December 12, 2015, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2015, 09:59:45 PM
The weirdest thing was the Confederate flag was never even banned. There have been calls to remove it as symbols of state governments. That's it. I think Walmart stopped selling it for minute.

But somehow they are determined that is was banned.

What do facts and logic have to do with the "like and share" crowd?

I'm more concerned with this apparent "lick and share" crowd.  That's just not sanitary.

Isn't that how one sends a letter? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Anti-FN humour at its finest! :)

To avoid excessive queueing in polling places on Sunday, FN voters are to vote Monday.
Thanks for telling them

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

It wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't stuff that could be debunked by 5 seconds of googling this shit. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/ovaloffice.asp
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2015, 11:53:38 AM

It wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't stuff that could be debunked by 5 seconds of googling this shit. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/ovaloffice.asp

Well, by their own admission they don't know how to share documents, you really can't expect much from them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on December 13, 2015, 04:31:43 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 13, 2015, 03:16:29 PM

This was funnier when it came out ten years ago was chiseled on a Roman wall in the Forum.

FYP

mongers

Not having facebook or access to much other social media, I wonder if I could get away with just cross posting some of my usual Languish posts in this thread?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"