News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Incidentally, can we please stop with using the word "bullying" to describe interactions between adults? If you are an adult and you are troubled or hurt by "bullying", then you deserve to be subsumed into the biomass, so that your atoms can be put to a better use.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on December 12, 2015, 01:22:02 AM
The thing about memes is that whenever there is a glaring grammatical error in them, it detracts from the message.

Maybe the cat is Russian.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 12, 2015, 02:36:30 AM
Incidentally, can we please stop with using the word "bullying" to describe interactions between adults? If you are an adult and you are troubled or hurt by "bullying", then you deserve to be subsumed into the biomass, so that your atoms can be put to a better use.
Nah I don't think someone from Poland should dictate my word choice in English.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 12, 2015, 02:31:20 AM
Being able to attack someone's views and beliefs is not bullying - it is a cornerstone of democracy.  :huh:

And harassing someone over their identity is a form of bullying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 12, 2015, 02:36:30 AM

Ah no.  Simply because you like to engage in an activity doesn't stop it from being childish and cruel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Thankfully I don't think I've ever had my opinions challenged. If I ever did I would cry like a little crybaby.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on December 12, 2015, 04:03:10 AM
Thankfully I don't think I've ever had my opinions challenged. If I ever did I would cry like a little crybaby.
That is generally what you so when I take you to task.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

You really ought to be nicer to poor Brain.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Duque de Bragança

Putin fanboyism special, from a leftie

Sharing propaganda from Assad's regime. : :lol:
There's a half (quarter?) truth there though.

It started this way

Martinus

I find it telling that people most opposed to "bullying" (Raz, garbon) are the ones who are mentally ill. But worry not, 5 more years like this, and "sanism" or "mentalism" will be considered a form of prejudice, too. After all, only because your brain is so chemically imbalanced, you cannot function without taking medication, does not mean your views or opinions are any less valid.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I'm the most opposed? At any rate, glad to see Marti is so well versed on mental illness. :lol:

Syt

I thought unbanning Mart was a mistake, and every day he posts I'm confirmed in that belief. He has little to add to the forum except bile, ignorance, arrogance, egotism, and lack of empathy well beyond other posters' "achievements".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.