And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on December 10, 2015, 11:25:52 AM
Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2015, 11:17:42 AM
I tried scrolling through my facebook feed for a while but found nothing political except for my politician friends posting news articles that supports their cause.

Quite boring really.

Last year I unfriended about 30% of my 'friends' on FB. I'm not following another 30% or so. I only have to log in once or twice a week to keep up.

Yeah I have been cursing my luck that I unfollowed so many of my FB nutters right before this thread started.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on December 10, 2015, 10:40:30 AM
All those advices are satire
I don't know.  There is some very weird shit on the 'net that is supposedly serious.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2015, 11:26:36 AM
Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2015, 11:17:42 AM
I tried scrolling through my facebook feed for a while but found nothing political except for my politician friends posting news articles that supports their cause.

Quite boring really.

Consider yourself lucky. :)

It's quite amazing considering how many of my family from the older generation that was either communists or anarchists. I guess getting grandchildren will keep them occupied sharing baby pictures. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Ah here we go:

:bleeding: These are the worst.

Yes I get it. You love stupid false equivalency memes. And in any case the US is already bombing ISIS...and has not taken any rights away from anybody.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

I knew Valmy could uphold the high standard demanded by this thread. :)

Liep

Oh oh! Some guy I met in Japan posted this:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 11:00:23 AM
It is bombastic but not something that doesn't have a worthwhile point. Course polite speech doesn't get attention.

Which legal rights are denied to black people in America presently?

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2015, 03:08:41 PM
It is bombastic but not something that doesn't have a worthwhile point. Course polite speech doesn't get attention.

Check your privilege before you ask :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Not having to suffer microtransactions on campus.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

The right not to be shot by the police in disproportionate numbers.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on December 10, 2015, 04:00:45 PM
The right not to be shot by the police in disproportionate numbers.

There is a certain percentage a demographic is supposed to be gunned down by the police and we need to work to either gun more people down from the other demographics or reduce their gunning down.

mongers

I can see this thread being a perennial favourite on Languish, up until so arsehole looks up Languishites on facebook and directs their family or friends towards this thread.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

My sister's comment on this article: http://www.fox13news.com/news/56870459-story

QuoteWhy is the government "helping" illegal immigrants and refugees if it doesn't have the money to take care of the veterans that they send in harms way?

The old, "We can only help other people when everyone of our own people has been helped first."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2015, 05:48:15 PM
My sister's comment on this article: http://www.fox13news.com/news/56870459-story

QuoteWhy is the government "helping" illegal immigrants and refugees if it doesn't have the money to take care of the veterans that they send in harms way?

The old, "We can only help other people when everyone of our own people has been helped first."

The answer to that is "good point. Let's raise taxes to take better care of veterans."