News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Ninjas also wore masks. This symbolizes we are fighting to stop the Mongols from invading Japan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2020, 11:07:17 AM
Ninjas also wore masks. This symbolizes we are fighting to stop the Mongols from invading Japan.

Michael Dudikoff, the American ninja, did not wear ninja masks all the time though.  :hmm:

crazy canuck

Duque de Bragança

He fought the extreme-right wing Pentangle though. Granted, not as a ninja, but as Matt Hunter, the name  of the character played by Chuck Norris in Invasion U.S.A.  :hmm:

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2020, 09:37:43 AM
Not from my family, but here's something from my Twitter feed that made me chuckle.

:yes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Oexmelin

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 22, 2020, 11:24:35 AM
He fought the extreme-right wing Pentangle though. Granted, not as a ninja, but as Matt Hunter, the name  of the character played by Chuck Norris in Invasion U.S.A.  :hmm:

Doesn't really register as a right-wing outfit.

Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2020, 11:01:07 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2020, 10:57:33 AM
There are evil forces that want us to wear masks...for some reason?

In Germany, at least, conspiracy nuts have claimed it's to brand people as slaves:

"The true reason for mouth protection masks

In the past, slaves had to wear a mouth mask

Now we have to wear mouth masks

It's meant to symbolize that we're slaves"

:tinfoil:

Slaves also had to wear pants :o
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 23, 2020, 11:44:34 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 22, 2020, 11:24:35 AM

Doesn't really register as a right-wing outfit.

:lol:

Talented musicians, iirc Bert Jansch recently died. :(

edit:
No it was John Renbourn, Bert died back in 2011.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 24, 2020, 01:24:45 AM
The forgotten war. :(

I liked the first one, but the sequel was crap.  I hope they don't try to reboot the franchise or make it a trilogy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

It's already a trilogy. Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I still want to know how a frog can get freaky with a pig.