News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

This isn't an issue reasonable people can ignore.  Reasonable people can disagree on how best to solve the problem.  But I am developing a great dislike for those who enable the deniers.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Never could understand the appeal of this sort of meme - unless the meme-makers believe they are immortal, the implication is that the world is basically doomed.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

I can't eat really good meat without crying.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on October 22, 2019, 10:27:04 AM

At least the meat isn't crying. That would be disturbing.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on October 22, 2019, 10:32:41 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 22, 2019, 10:27:04 AM

At least the meat isn't crying. That would be disturbing.

Disturbingly arousing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Malthus on October 22, 2019, 09:51:17 AM
Never could understand the appeal of this sort of meme - unless the meme-makers believe they are immortal, the implication is that the world is basically doomed.
Boomers have to feel superior about something. it started during their judgmental hippie face and continued into their smug yuppie stage and is perfected in their grouchy old tool stage.
PDH!

dps

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 22, 2019, 12:03:07 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 22, 2019, 09:51:17 AM
Boomers have to feel superior about something. it started during their judgmental hippie face and continued into their smug yuppie stage and is perfected in their grouchy old tool stage.

Yeah, but those memes aren't comparing/contrasting millennials or Gen X or Gen Z to boomers, they're about the Greatest Generation.  And I bet almost none of them are ever posted by someone who is actually part of the Greatest Generation.

crazy canuck

Can't really imagine Guarnere making those comments

Valmy

Greatest Generation people are too classy for that.

Speaking of which my greatest generation Aunt just passed in her 90s. I have three 90+ relatives left. None of them ever had that kind of bombastic sneering arrogance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on October 22, 2019, 09:43:20 AM

Interesting that the folk who are sharing this probably see these things listed without comment as failures where in fact they're victories.

(also odd to blame the generation that can't vote yet)
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Maybe the work week thing, but there's nothing wrong with eating meat or having a firm gender identity.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 22, 2019, 06:57:02 PM
Maybe the work week thing, but there's nothing wrong with eating meat or having a firm gender identity.

Nor is there anything wrong with crying a little as you eat meat.

This chicken was poorly cooked :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Maybe the work week thing, but there's nothing wrong with eating meat

Arguably the carbon footprint

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2019, 07:10:44 PM
Maybe the work week thing, but there's nothing wrong with eating meat

Arguably the carbon footprint

Not if you eat it raw.