News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

So, that person (presumably your sister) is against Trump, right?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2019, 03:42:43 PM
So, that person (presumably your sister) is against Trump, right?

You beat me to it

mongers

OMG:

Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp hit by photo glitch

3 hours ago

Some Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp users cannot upload photos, videos and files.
Facebook, which owns all three apps, said it was aware of the issue and was "working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible".

Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

Quote from: Syt on July 06, 2019, 08:03:58 AM
Trump did not sign a law making it legal to execute, and imprison Americans.

He didn't need to;  the Constitution already allows that. 

Valmy

I mean Trump did raise my taxes. I pay more under the new tax bill.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Yeah, I stopped reading after the first statement because it was a lie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on July 06, 2019, 08:22:34 AM
He didn't need to;  the Constitution already allows that.

Only because Hillary and Obama changed the Constitution.  :mad:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

What your sisters lack in discernment they make up for in perserverence.

Valmy

The drama took place three years ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Threviel

That Tillman dude does not seem like someone the right should embrace. Wiki states that he had a meeting with Chomsky planned for when he got home from his deployment.