News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

Interesting choice of words. "Beta male, soy drinking hypocrites & depressed feminists" rather than 'soyboy betacucks & legbeards.' Aimed at boomers rather than zoomers, I guess.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Razgovory

I hate that guy.  I'd like to kick his head in.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I don't think anybody alive today is being blamed for 19th century events.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2019, 02:03:17 PM
I don't think anybody alive today is being blamed for 19th century events.

The Irish weren't slaves.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Yes but it helps to pretend they were when creating nationalistic narratives.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2019, 02:07:31 PM
Yes but it helps to pretend they were when creating nationalistic narratives.

It helps less than they think.  If indentured servitude is a form of slavery so would sharecropping.  So guess what?  There are people living that were slaves.  Slave reparations are back on!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

derspiess

I think recent developments gave them a bit more.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2019, 05:37:13 PM
I think recent developments gave them a bit more.

What recent developments?

Admiral Yi

I think he's talking about Rachel Maddow's reaction to Teh Report.

Or more properly, Barr's summary, right?

Sophie Scholl

Wow.  What a disgrace to the name "Phillip Schuyler".
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

For shame, Valmy! Why is your hometown so unpatriotic? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I am not from San Antonio! I am from Austin! :P

I don't know what the heck is going on there.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2019, 12:46:53 PM
I am not from San Antonio! I am from Austin! :P

I don't know what the heck is going on there.

Similar letters. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould